Stand storage??

j-bird

So I was out pulling stands the other day and putting them back in the barn with all the different pieces and straps and the like and well....I damn near impaled myself in the ribs! I was standing on some stuff trying to hang the stands up and out of the way and my foot slipped and I caught one of the of end of the square tubes right under the first main rib on my left side. It hurts and it's bruised but I don't think it's broken. So... with that in mind... do you guys have anything special or do anything interesting to store your stands???

I just have an old wood barn that I hang them on heavy nails on the wall, prop the ladders up in the corner and I put all the straps in 5 gallon buckets. I just try to keep them out of the weather and the mice off the straps.

So I was out pulling stands the other day and putting them back in the barn with all the different pieces and straps and the like and well....I damn near impaled myself in the ribs! I was standing on some stuff trying to hang the stands up and out of the way and my foot slipped and I caught one of the of end of the square tubes right under the first main rib on my left side. It hurts and it's bruised but I don't think it's broken. So... with that in mind... do you guys have anything special or do anything interesting to store your stands???

I just have an old wood barn that I hang them on heavy nails on the wall, prop the ladders up in the corner and I put all the straps in 5 gallon buckets. I just try to keep them out of the weather and the mice off the straps.
Be careful, j-bird! If you mean the bottom of the rib cage on the left, your spleen is just below that area and while you can live without your spleen, it isn't a good idea.
I have a couple of elevated blinds in my woods and they stay put. Have a great day.

i bring home all my stands every year around turn of the calendar and just set them in garage, check straps/replace, etc and put them back out next Aug. I know plenty leave them in the woods, think you are just playing with fire as eventually you might not see the strap is chewed or worn and hope you don't have any type of accident, Maybe i have just known too many people who have had stand accidents that I try to be over cautious.

I also am of the opinion if you are leaving them in same spot every year, better option is some type of permanent elevated stand, you are likely not adapting to deer patterns if you are leaving hang ons/ladders in same spots year over year.

I bring mine home (I live on the property) so I can give them a far better once over. I had a cable on a stand break on me while I was in it a few years ago (I wasn't hurt but it got my attention). The cable came from the base support that you strap to the tree and went out and supported the corner of the platform you stand on. It popped and I pooped! The straps get damaged from the weather and critters and the stands rust and welds break. Like was mentioned I also like to set up at least 1 stand in a new/different spot every year just for the sake of keeping things interesting. I am a much bigger fan of ladder stands now then previously, but that is a different topic.

I was just curious if anyone had a unique way of storing stands was all....maybe I could learn something.

Back