Shumard and Nuttall Bareroot Seedlings

Oak Hunter

Does anyone know where I could order some Shumard and or Nuttall bareroot seedlings from?

There aren't any nurseries near me that have any.

Thanks.

Nativ nurseries sells both. They aren't technically bare root but seedlings at close to bare root cost and fast shipping. I've been pleased with my experiences with them in the past.

Nativ nurseries sells both. They aren't technically bare root but seedlings at close to bare root cost and fast shipping. I've been pleased with my experiences with them in the past.
Thanks.
Mossy Oak is out of Shumard but they do have Nuttall.
I found some good priced seedlings through the Missouri state nursery, but they won't be shipping until February.

Happened to run across this company today. They are located in Jackson, MS, not sure how far away you are from there. Can’t vouch for them as I haven’t bought any from them, but it looks like they are both in stock there - http://wildlifeheritagetreenursery.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahoma Forestry Service has Shumard bareroot for $45 / 50 seedlings and a bunch of others but no Nuttall.
I Don't know how that compares to what you can get elsewhere.

I order 50 Shumards from OFS this year. I will let you know how I like them. Hopefully, they are good to go but for 45 bucks I will roll the dice.

I order 50 Shumards from OFS this year. I will let you know how I like them. Hopefully, they are good to go but for 45 bucks I will roll the dice.

I've had good luck with bareroot stuff over the years. In fact I planted them way too close because i thought half of them would die but they didn't. I don't have that place anymore but I'll bet they have a lot of apple and oaks growing there now. But if I could do it over again I'd buy as many rootmaker 1 gal as I could afford and put the BR in them until next fall and then plant them. The difference is amazing.

MO Dept of Conservation.....how big are those bareroot seedlings? You guys were right, very cheap prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

The ones I got 2 years ago were around 2’. I didn’t order a huge amount, only 20 trees. I was able to take pretty good care of them and I only lost one of the twenty. Last year I ordered blackberries. 100% survival on those

Cap,
Thanks for the info. I may set a few back and give that a try. I will be planting a few out in Caddo county and the rest in Greer county. I know I won't get 100 percent in SW Oklahoma but I'm shooting for 60 percent survival rate or better, if we get some good rain this spring.

Back