schuette or bur oak?

Nebraskaz71

Grew this tree from an acorn i found 15 or so years ago at my parents and have since moved it three years ago to my place. The bark is slightly different from all my other bur acorns, the leaves are typically much smaller than my burs, usually around 4-5" this year some are quite a bit larger but still smaller than my burs. The acorns are very similar to my burs only slightly smaller and maybe a bit less "hairy". I've always considered it to be a schuettes but unsure. I have about 50 seedlings off of it, some look like bur oaks, some look like swamp white and other look like pure white. Any ideas?

Grew this tree from an acorn i found 15 or so years ago at my parents and have since moved it three years ago to my place. The bark is slightly different from all my other bur acorns, the leaves are typically much smaller than my burs, usually around 4-5" this year some are quite a bit larger but still smaller than my burs. The acorns are very similar to my burs only slightly smaller and maybe a bit less "hairy". I've always considered it to be a schuettes but unsure. I have about 50 seedlings off of it, some look like bur oaks, some look like swamp white and other look like pure white. Any ideas?

Looks like a Bur to me. I don't think they are true to seed, could be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bur, schuettes would have an acorn pedicle about half (1-1.5") as long as a swamp white and the cup would cover about half of the acorn.

G

well shoot I grew most of the seedlings on my property off this tree, guess my deer better like burr oaks lol

Back