Proud of my boys

Couldn't feel any more proud of my boys, and more blessed that they have inherited my love of hunting and the outdoors.
They are 8 years old, and have been hunting with me for 4 years now. They have squirrel hunted, dove, goose, duck, and turkey.
They have helped brush blinds, plant food plots, run trail cams, and takin part in helping butcher the animals we shot.
I didn't want their hunting experience to be stuck in a box blind someone else built over a food plot someone else planted and shoot the first deer that came out. I wanted them to earn it.
They started carrying a gun during squirrel season last fall, and graduated to turkey in the spring, and doves this fall.
Due to a football game Saturday, youth day Sunday was their first crack at a deer. About an hour into the hunt a small 5 point came into the food plot and AJ made a great shot. After much celebrating I tried to calm them down and explained it was early if we were patient we would likely see another deer. 30 minutes later, a 4 1/2 yr old 8pt that I have two years of pictures of came strollin across plot. Jed followed with another great shot, my boys first night behind the gun and we had two bucks on the ground!
Sorry for the long brag, I'll try to attach pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Farmer! It's the things like this that you can share with those boys that they'll still talk about when they're very old and you're long gone. Tell them Merle says congrats!

Man that's fantastic. Congratulations to all of you. I especially like the "earn" it part. That'll make woodsmen out of them.
The finest compliment dad ever gave me was that i was the finest woodsman he knew. And dad knew some people in the business. But it was all his doing.

Woo hoo, that's as good as it gets!!! You are proud of your boys, and they think you're the greatest hunter in the world!

Great story, great pic and great memory maker for dad and boys! They will remember that moment forever. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to AJ and Jed. Well and of course dad I am sure you are proud as a peacock. You have had a good last few weeks in the woods!

Back