Project "Battle Wagon" Mobile deer blind

j-bird

I had posted about this in my property tour thread, but I thought it may reach a few more folks here as well. Sorry about the wind noise and the lack of a more professional quality level of the video.....

View attachment 17434

Similar set up.

These are nice on wet days.

Rusty
I agree Rusty. The enclosed blind has a lot of advantages....but mobility wasn't one of them. Turns out where there is a will there is a way (at least to some extent) and putting them on wheels can be a real advantage. Looks like you got an old hay wagon there. I toyed with the idea of taking the metal hopper off of ours and building the "stand"....but I figured that was just more work and materials..... You have some sort of "foot" on them outriggers or they just stuck in the soil?

They are just “stuck in the mud”. They were inspired by the first war wagon I helped build. It wasn’t attached to the running gear very well and blew off in a good wind.

We had 60 mph gusts last Thurs/Fri, so it looks as if the wings are doing their job.

Rusty

They are just “stuck in the mud”. They were inspired by the first war wagon I helped build. It wasn’t attached to the running gear very well and blew off in a good wind.

We had 60 mph gusts last Thurs/Fri, so it looks as if the wings are doing their job.

Rusty
I have been happy with the addition of them as well on my project. I was worried that mine would simply get driven into the soil and not really provide much benefit if I just "stuck them in the dirt".

Looks good J Bird. Thanks for posting the video.

Wayne
I have photos of the actual build on my land tour thread if your interested for some reason. I felt the video would help demonstrate that I'm not entirely crazy and there was/is a method for my madness! My wife was not a fan of the project, yet this morning she told me where 2 more wagons are for sale..... I may end up with a fleet before it's all said and done!

Back