Predator hunting trapping thread?

timrod

I like the idea of a good thread on predator control as I feel it's huge for the turkey and deer populations we have. I know this is Deer Hunter Forum, but predator control is a useful tool for land management in my opinion. The coyote population is out of control here in Illinois.
A lot of guys here may be like me and want to get into trapping and calling predators. The problem with some of the other forums out there is that they are way more intense about predator hunting and trapping than I am. I can't afford a 5000.00 thermal scope, and another 5k in gear like these guys have. I feel like a thread here would be more appealing to the DIY/ on a budget type of guy since we all spend enough on habitat stuff as it is. Something simple, and see where it goes. Try it out during peak predator season, (Dec-Mar in Illinois) and if it doesn't pan out, delete it. It won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't get used. I just like the group of guys and gals we have here, and think there are a few with some great knowledge on these subjects that us newbies to the predator stuff can learn from.
Just a suggestion, hopefully I get some others to agree with me. Thanks for your time, you guys do great!!

If we had a Predator Control Thread in the Hunting Section I believe it would see a good deal of traffic.

We have bird hunting in there - which is good for our group.

Coyotes hurt my fawn population - no two ways about it.

So I side with Timrod's suggestion.

One of my favorite threads in the last year was following Lakngulf as he trapped hogs and got ride of them. He used a remote camera that hit his cell phone.

Wayne

I plan on starting a dedicated trapping/predator control forum. Until I do, feel free to start trapping threads in the general discussion forum, then we can move them to the appropriate spot later.

Good deal. I am a reader on this not a poster. I own some traps but the only thing I consistently trapped was a possum.

Possum and raccoons hurt the turkey population by robbing the nest.

Thanks.

Wayne

I plan on starting a dedicated trapping/predator control forum. Until I do, feel free to start trapping threads in the general discussion forum, then we can move them to the appropriate spot later.

Hey Cutman, no rush, but was just wondering when this was gonna be up?
I by no means am pushing, but I thought if it was a week or so, I would just wait n post in the proper location.
I really do not know what it takes to add something like that to a forum, so I apologize. I can post on general if it's gonna b a while.
Thanks for everything the MODS do. I appreciate it

Back