Post your Favorite food plot pictures from this year!

farmhunter

Some of my buddies pick on me for taking so many food plot pictures!! I justify them rightfully so - by explaining how important it is for me to be able to look at plots from past years -at known dates and periods of growth - to compare and evaluate them for success/failure.

But sometimes I just like to look at my food plots and enjoy the results - Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from this season - post yours so we can all enjoy!!!

This one from the new south tower would have been better had I mowed the clover before the picture - but I still like the view from my new box!
IMG_6894_zpsbjkjgkdy.jpg

and looking back at it from the south
IMG_6902%202_zpsiuswqjlq.jpg

Or maybe one like this -
1st%20South%20Tower%20scouting%209-1-16%20buck%20group2%20-%20Copy_zpsxk9ibxen.jpg

they all make me happy - tough to pic just a couple!

Last edited:
I really didn't take that many pics this past summer, but here i a couple when I cut the rye to release the clover which is now in brassicas. I will take a pic tomarrow and post it. Turned out pretty good this year.
6151107eb6ee8746b5373ddca8ca1393.jpg
72a768627c221f6cf8ce65aaf2159cb3.jpg
337bf0c91d591e0988830835e1c9dd19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new favorite food plot is a sorghum mix kind of a succotash mix of everything. Sorghum, millet, ewheat, rye, oats. hairy vetch. soys, peas, red clover, buckwheat and a few brassicas.

Cereal grain strip next to sorghum mix.

Here is a couple of shots today. One acre of brassica on the right and one acre cirial grains on left. Seperated by a strip of clover.
1460cc4570720da6adfeeeae37d6a8a4.jpg
572cfc451a3ac2b96c858bec42c370de.jpg
2a6f2c9be4ca57bb47ac0cbe6bad6fba.jpg

View from the stand im sitting in
480116746adae0f47cce152a97194edc.jpg

Not to side tract the thread but what implement are you using to turn the veg in that bottom pic?

King Kutter tiller that I got from tractor supply. And the top picture shows the results of a spring tooth chisel plow.

King Kutter tiller that I got from tractor supply. And the top picture shows the results of a spring tooth chisel plow.
Those 3pt tillers sure make a pretty seed bed. I love my KK tiller. It's on it's 10th year and knock on wood I haven't had one bit of trouble with it. However, I don't have rocks! My "shallow" throw and till plot is looking awesome. I might be doing that more in the future.

Are you just waiting on rain or temps to plant?

Those 3pt tillers sure make a pretty seed bed. I love my KK tiller. It's on it's 10th year and knock on wood I haven't had one bit of trouble with it. However, I don't have rocks! My "shallow" throw and till plot is looking awesome. I might be doing that more in the future.

Are you just waiting on rain or temps to plant?

I planted the little plot along my driveway Sat morning, got an inch of rain on it Sat night...YES
Will plant the fields pictured above on Wednesday of this week, and hope for rain. My plan is to throw fertilizer and seed, let it fall into the furrows created by chisel plow, and then lightly disc, and pack with tractor tires and 4 Wheeler.

This is my first post so I hope all is good.
Ours just went in the ground so I hope to have an update soon.
466567bc551fd6b404335398b2f15243.jpg

eefc1eb8f2d8ae7c8f089338beb3a262.jpg

Welcome to the forum Sergio. That's some red dirt in your first picture. Take a minute and update your profile so we know where you're from.

Back