Poacher on cam

jteeen

Got pretty irritated when I saw this but have since calmed down. This occurred a week ago Sunday, the 2nd morning of gun season. I was hunting about a half mile away and heard the shot(s), but I thought they were from my FIL as we had discussed where both of us were hunting the night before. I didn't check my camera that day as I killed my own buck and had to get home.

I passed on this deer at least 3 times and so did my FIL and BIL. At one point when I was grunting he was standing on his hind legs acting all macho, it was pretty neat.

My guess is either a neighbor or someone parked on the road. This is a separate issue from another neighbor that has a stand on the fence line pointed at our property. If I had a better camera out it might have picked him up, but we've already had one camera stolen and other property damage so I didn't bother. I know this area is a hotspot as it's a funnel and I sat in a tree directly in front of the camera for 3 days and saw a bunch of deer that the camera didn't pick up. I'm pretty sure it's a buck because of how it's being dragged. Spike's are kind of hard to drag by the antlers so I'm hoping it's not a bigger deer.

It's to the point now that I will hunt bowseason and just drive my 4 wheeler around and shoot my AR-15 on gun season mornings. :(
STC_0281.jpg

STC_0280.jpg

STC_0281.jpg

That would burn my butt for sure.
I'd hate to see you sacrifice your gun season in order to patrol your property.

I'm trying to figure out how he drug it all the way past the camera before it took a picture...

I'm trying to figure out how he drug it all the way past the camera before it took a picture...
When I sat in my climber in front of that camera I saw a ton of deer that the camera didn't get. It's a cheap $40 one from academy. Heck it didn't even pick me up climbing the tree. Bad sensor I guess.

This is near your place, probably 20-30 by car. We could be hunting the same deer if they get to cruising long distances...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When I sat in my climber in front of that camera I saw a ton of deer that the camera didn't get. It's a cheap $40 one from academy. Heck it didn't even pick me up climbing the tree. Bad sensor I guess.

This is near your place, probably 20-30 by car. We could be hunting the same deer if they get to cruising long distances...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It wasn't Okie, was it???:) Kidding. Hope you nail him, hate that for anyone.

Back