Photobucket Issues

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you may have realized that images are not showing up in threads. Last week Photobucket removed the ability to direct link to their hosted photos unless you pay $399 a year.

From now on I recommend you either use a different hosting site or just upload the photos directly to here. The easiest way to do that if you are on a phone/tablet is to download the Deer Hunter Forum app.

I looked for the app but didn't find it. Maybe a different name?
I'm filling my photobucket account with as many worthless pics as I can. Going to use up a's much of their space as possible.

I am still using direct link. I used it Friday night and the photos are in the post. Photobucket is becoming a giant Ad for products you don't need and I have complained to them about it. They told me to pay and go ad free and I did once, still sucked.

I looked for the app but didn't find it. Maybe a different name?
I'm filling my photobucket account with as many worthless pics as I can. Going to use up a's much of their space as possible.

3019fb98231e650cfc5e5e167f0a260d.jpg

That's it on the App Store. Will double check on the Android store.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Well, I just set up a new Flickr account. Seems very awkward to use but maybe I will get used to it. It has a gosh awful amount of free storage.

EDIT - Flickr isn't very user friendly for my purposes. I just made a Google Photo account and it seems to work very well.

Last edited:
I use the app for most my posts. I need somewhere to host trail cam pics though. I set up a Flickr account, but can't figure out how to then post here? Tried pasting the URL no dice. Any suggestions?

I use the app for most my posts. I need somewhere to host trail cam pics though. I set up a Flickr account, but can't figure out how to then post here? Tried pasting the URL no dice. Any suggestions?
I have a google photo page and forgot. I tried several times last night to post a photo by using the share option and it wouldn't do it. After doing a little research, I found out that I needed to right click on the photo and "copy image address" instead of using the link provided by google. This may be the same thing to do with your flickr photo.

I had to go into the BB Code Editor option and past the link. Seems like it worked. Glad I take most my pics on the phone!

I've switched over to Google photos as well. Smugmug is also an option, but it costs $4/month.

I'm liking Google so far, because it backs up your phone pictures automatically....and it's free.

I'm in the process of getting all my old photos off from Photobucket. What a joke that they've become. from free to $400/year. Unreal.

I left photobucket 6 months ago. The adds kept freezing my phone and slowing my computer. I am now using IMGUR for my photos.

I don't use any hosting sites...I post photos through tapatalk since all photos I do are taken by cell phone...our forum is tapatalk friendly...I can post a photo the moment I take it...I also have an iOS memory card reader that plugs directly into m iPhone so I can put my trail cam photos on my iPhone and post them from there...

706707e6c5bc2699e0d0eebb8b73e5ab.jpg

I'm with you Okie. Easy and no loss of photos regardless of what happens to the Internet or some site. Safe and easy.
Here is a flying squirrel I took a pic of last night.
056c2624ef66ed7289ff09cc10d1aea3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

damit this is going to take some work to fix my thread. I have been using photobucket for years...

I've switched over to Google photos as well. Smugmug is also an option, but it costs $4/month.

I'm liking Google so far, because it backs up your phone pictures automatically....and it's free.

I'm in the process of getting all my old photos off from Photobucket. What a joke that they've become. from free to $400/year. Unreal.
Trying to use google photos from a tablet and can't find how to post from there. There is no right click option on a tablet

Back