perhaps a glyphosate shortage coming

willy

Just passing along some info a farmer friend of mine told me this weekend. " I may want to buy my glyphosate now as his agronomist told him they didn't know if glyphosate would be available next spring" Don't know the whole story behind the reason but perhaps there may be some truth in it. I figure it can't hurt to buy it now as long as I keep it from freezing. It is a big tool in my crp management and food plots.

It’s already gotten really expensive. $360 for 30 gallon drum last year, $600 last week.

I wonder if this is because of the lawsuits ?
That’s what the article said about not selling to homeowners. So with a farming/arborist/etc. license and a MSDS the business and employees are knowledgeable on PPE and handling instructions which would protect the chemical company.

I went to my supplier for some Roundup PowerMax and it was over $30 a gallon. The guy said, why don't you grab some Honcho instead, it's also 48.7% Glyphosate, at $21 a gallon, so I got enough for next year right away. Maybe I'll go back for more...

d3eafc715f18ca2690d2267152445bdf.jpg

I went to my supplier for some Roundup PowerMax and it was over $30 a gallon. The guy said, why don't you grab some Honcho instead, it's also 48.7% Glyphosate, at $21 a gallon, so I got enough for next year right away. Maybe I'll go back for more...

d3eafc715f18ca2690d2267152445bdf.jpg
Stock up and gouge via resale! /s

Does glysophate have a shelf life?
I've kept it over winter and it doesn't seem to freeze, although I'm not saying it doesn't, as long as it's not separated it should still be good. I would guess the shelf life would be longer for unopened jugs. I had researched this for my own curiosity and got answers anywhere from two to seven years.

Last edited:
I just saw this thread, no kidding, on-line chemical joints are sold out of gly pro concentrate. Rural King stores- sold out or limited supply. I was low so I ordered 2.5 from rk in store pickup, $64.99. What replaces roundup?

G

I just saw this thread, no kidding, on-line chemical joints are sold out of gly pro concentrate. Rural King stores- sold out or limited supply. I was low so I ordered 2.5 from rk in store pickup, $64.99. What replaces roundup?

G
Tractor supply must be up by 50% since I last purchased late spring. I'm also curious what replaces Gly?
sucked it and bought 5 gallons... I'll store in my basement.

The TSC's by me have it at 2.5 gal for 44.99 currently. Orshelins's, which is a tsc type store is at 64.99. This is in NE.

I paid 54.99 a gallon - rhinelander, wi @ TSC - this am.. bought a few. I can't let these new damn plots go to hell because of a shortage.

"/s" is nerd talk for sarcasm. I picked up 5 gallons this am at TSC. I'm getting ahead of any upcoming shortages. I may be out of TP, but I'll have plenty of glyphosate!
With inflation double of what the inflation experts at the Fed think it is we may be getting closer to the point where we will be bartering with goods instead of money, and a quart of gly should about trade even up for a case of toilet paper. The only better item to offer in bartering would be ammo...

Back