On location for new target

Well the big one I’ve been chasing for years never showed up this September so I’m assuming he didn’t make the winter since he was 8-9 years old.
It’s been a slow go here with only 1 decent 8 point making the odd appearance. I contemplated trying to get him but knowing he should be a really nice buck next year I’m letting him walk.
With 1 week left in the season I had a beautiful main frame 11 with a kicker show up on a scrape line and has been tending it the last few days. Wind is decent and a storm moving in later tonight. Here’s to hoping!
Good luck everyone still hunting.
Image1606847329.747018.jpgIMG_4609.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Well the big one I’ve been chasing for years never showed up this September so I’m assuming he didn’t make the winter since he was 8-9 years old.
It’s been a slow go here with only 1 decent 8 point making the odd appearance. I contemplated trying to get him but knowing he should be a really nice buck next year I’m letting him walk.
With 1 week left in the season I had a beautiful main frame 11 with a kicker show up on a scrape line and has been tending it the last few days. Wind is decent and a storm moving in later tonight. Here’s to hoping!
Good luck everyone still hunting.
View attachment 20725View attachment 20726

Good luck on getting an opportunity on him!

No luck yesterday. Be back on site tomorrow afternoon.

Keep it up. It takes many sits to get a buck like that one. Usually they are taken early morning or late evening within 15 minutes of it being too dark to shoot. A friend of mine took an eleven point buck like that last Saturday morning at the crack of dawn, only because the buck was 10 minutes later then his normal of getting to the safety of the bedding area before shooting light.

Still at it. I don’t think I’ve ever hunted a deer that drove me this crazy. If I’m not there he is out in the daylight. I know he must know I’m there because no deer is that lucky or hunter unlucky.
For instance yesterday I went in 1.5 hrs before daylight and was in stand for 6 hours since the day before he was out on and off all morning. I climbed down at 12. At 1:02 he is out. And this has happened at least 4 times .
Last day of the season is tomorrow .
Any tips?Image1607735730.047675.jpg

I honestly have no idea. He comes in from different directions almost every time. The country here is almost exclusively thick cover so it could be anywhere. I wouldn’t say he’s overly far as most times when I’m not there he only leaves for 4 hours then returns for 20 minutes. With today being a bit different where he was gone for 18 hrs.

I wish I could do the all day sit tomorrow But with 3 small kids I only get certain times I can go. Going to try from 12-5(dark) tomorrow.

I know the feeling of cover everywhere, which makes it difficult to nail down bedding.

I’d sit it as much as possible and try to find a way to enter that has the lowest possibility of bumping him.

Well it’s all over. He kicked my butt this year but I’m going to work hard to come up with a game plan for him for next season, providing he makes the winter. He is 5 1/2 to the best of my knowledge. Had him on camera in 2018 and figured 3 1/2 then.

Good luck to anyone still at it!

Back