Off topic. Any suggestions on Outer Banks fishing charters for December?

Tap

Anyone have any input on fishing charters for the Outer Banks in December? Most likely would fish inshore for stripers and not offshore species, but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!

My brother in law fishes up there. He said tuna fishing is about to be really good. He doesn’t know an inshore guide but does know offshore. You interested?

My brother in law fishes up there. He said tuna fishing is about to be really good. He doesn’t know an inshore guide but does know offshore. You interested?
Not sure an off shore charter is in my budget but I'd love to fish for tuna. I'd be interested in hearing about packages and prices.
Thanks for any info you'd like to share.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Will let you know what I find out. I also will ask another couple guys I know who are big fisherman.

Will let you know what I find out. I also will ask another couple guys I know who are big fisherman.
Thanks cut!
I see some of the striper charters are already full for the date I can fish so I may not have a lot of time to make a decision. Probably should figure out what I want to do and book pretty soon.

Check with captain Rick Scarbourough out of teachs lair marina. Best inshore catain I've ever fished with. Been several years since stripers have shown in numbers but puppy drum an trout were abundant last year. Lots of toothy critters around too.
Don't discount surf fishing, can be awesome that time of year anusually have the beach to yourself. Lots of walk over spots on pea island.

Reactions: Tap
My brother has a boat there and we have been fishing out of Oregon Inlet for 20+ years. The tunas have showed up in numbers just within the last few days and I would recommend chartering to go offshore and target the yellowfins. I would call the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center to see which boats will still be fishing in December as several of the captains have pulled their boats for winter maintenance already. There are a few boats that I recommend including Skiligal, Tuna Fever and Outrigger. These are world class captains and the fishing should be outstanding in December.

Reactions: Tap
Thanks for the advice guys.
I ended-up booking a trip out of Virginia Beach. Price, trip availability, fish species, wife's input:D, all had influence on my decision.

Let us know how it goes. I'm going to be in Virginia next June and would like to go fishing. Have no idea what I'm looking at though.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I ended-up booking a trip out of Virginia Beach. Price, trip availability, fish species, wife's input:D, all had influence on my decision.
Do you remember the name of the boat? I grew up in Va Beach and live nearby now.

Let us know how it goes. I'm going to be in Virginia next June and would like to go fishing. Have no idea what I'm looking at though.
Okay. I imagine that June fishing will be entirely different from December fishing.

Just an update in case anyone gives a crap. Didn't get to fish.
I booked a trip (out of Virginia Beach) thru fishing booker.com
Turned out the weather forecast was for stiff winds and cold (low 20s). The guide said stripers weren't there but they were catching sea trout but we didn't feel like freezing our butts off for trout, so we cancelled (for free, full refund).

Back