No Till Food Plot Advice Needed

If you can dodge the Army worms and get some rain the first of September to the middle will be good to plant WW and MRC. If you’ve never had Army worms you’re not likely to get them the first year in a plot that has had weeds growing waist high. At least that’s my experience. Weather dictates when they’ll rear their ugly heads. Cooling off from summer heat and a couple rains will bring them on. We’ve had that here in the last couple weeks and they are hitting the pastures now. It’s usually a September thing here but not this year.
I can’t advise to T and M because hogs eat anything I put on top unless it’s clover seed. I guess that they can’t pick up those tiny seeds. Good luck !
yes sir, hogs are the scourge off the earth for food plotter. I can't tell you how much seed I have lost to them. I love T and M but big seed gets sucked up by them. I am getting even now though since my wife bought me a thermal scope. Getting less and less on camera now. Like you said the only thing I can get on t and m now is the tiny seeds to grow.

Back