need a little help with this one...

hunter919191

20170825_125406_resized.jpg

Found a couple of these growing in the yard here in MN. Any ideas? both leaf pictures are from same plant but different? Could be a shrub or tree but im stumped.

Attachments

• resized 11.jpg
    resized 11.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 0
  • resized12.jpg
    resized12.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 0
That's Mulberry Weed (Fatoua villosa) - AKA Hairy Crabweed. It's an invasive species.

Edit: When I look again it might be a tiny White Mulberry tree just sprouting.

It's one or the other. So small I can't say for sure. Let it grow some and you can tell.

Last edited:
ahh, just saw your edit, now im unsure! theres still hope then. Is white mulberry any better as far as wildlife goes?

I like White Mulberry in my area, but in some locations folks have had it to be very aggressive to the point of being invasive. Red Mulberry is the native species, and White was brought into the country in the 1700s for the silkworm industry. Keep in mind too that mulberry trees are either male of female. If it was a male you wouldn't get any fruit. Good Luck.

That's Mulberry Weed (Fatoua villosa) - AKA Hairy Crabweed. It's an invasive species.

Edit: When I look again it might be a tiny White Mulberry tree just sprouting.

It's one or the other. So small I can't say for sure. Let it grow some and you can tell.

You mean that you don't know for sure?? I was under the impression that you could ID every plant. I'm really disappointed.
Just thought I'd bust your chestnuts. I am constantly amazed by your knowledge of flora. You da man!

You mean that you don't know for sure?? I was under the impression that you could ID every plant. I'm really disappointed.
Just thought I'd bust your chestnuts. I am constantly amazed by your knowledge of flora. You da man!

Lol...you will find out someday what age does to a man's eyes and mind. :)

Lol...you will find out someday what age does to a man's eyes and mind. :)
I found that out several years ago. Sometimes I think I was born that way.
And it ain't just age and mind that time destroys. Got a few other parts that aren't what they used to be...joints are Killin me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back