Mature buck movements

And not to mention a lot of times those guys go and hunt private, high dollar low pressure areas where they can shoot any size deer they please anytime
I know what you are talking about. I get those calls all of the time from so called big wig TV hunters telling me what they want me to do for them to come hunt my ground. I usually just say I am not interested if you are just a shooter and not a hunter you aren't made for my hunting ground. I don't tie deer up to trees for you, you actually have to hunt for them.

I know what you are talking about. I get those calls all of the time from so called big wig TV hunters telling me what they want me to do for them to come hunt my ground. I usually just say I am not interested if you are just a shooter and not a hunter you aren't made for my hunting ground. I don't tie deer up to trees for you, you actually have to hunt for them.
I take it they want to hunt for free and you get advertisement?

Do any of them pay?

Do any of them pay?
I know they try that with my neighbor, except he has a pheasant hunting operation and they claim its for excellent advertising for his business and plus associating that TV personalities name and show with your operation is huge so in exchange they don't pay for anything and hunt for free. Thats how a lot of those guys do it.

Do any of them pay?

I get a lot of that but I just give them a quick I'm not interested and move on. In my experience those 15 second ads at the end of a show don't drum up much business. You get a few of them that want to pay but they are always looking for a reduced price. I will just stick to my regular old Joe's like myself for the most part. Not to say some of these "celebrity hunter's" aren't great people because I do know a few of them that are what I would consider friends but for the most part it is guys wanting to use a name or a friends name to try to get something for nothing. On top of that they are the first guys to kill a buck below our 140" minimum then argue that it is bigger than 140". Had one last year that killed a 120" two year old and argued for hours that the buck was 6 yrs old....LOL

When I was in antelope camp we had a TV show filming that week. Boy those guys were under some pressure. Nice guys. Enjoyed meeting them but they had stress in the field. You could feel the tension.

I wouldn't mind filming for someone like Winke when I retire. Do a regional clip but to try to make a living from it, no thanks.

I know I have thought about it myself but I enjoy my time in the woods too much to ruin it with the pressure of killing something on every sit.

Back