Live from the predator blind...

3c9d29eaaa26ea26e273d8e0919da3f0.jpg

Large pecan orchard with creek in background

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am determined to kill a yote. Gonna call a couple of sets then do a little work on the farm. Hopefully success pics to follow.

I just bought an electronic caller. I think the real key is calling where there happen to be coyotes at the moment. I don't know if you remember me shooting the hose biter several years ago? I called that coyote with a 45-50 year old mouth call and the squeaker from a dog toy, but I knew where we lived.

When tracking deer, some deer last overnight while others are chewed up by coyotes. I had a doe totally consumed in one night, and a year later I had a buck untouched in the same location. Coyotes move around, so calling locations need to span at least a half mile to a mile. A coyote's home range is 5-10 miles!

Good luck, I'm waiting for a success pic!

The guy trapping my place also trapped the section next to it and he caught 11 in 2 weeks in those 2 sections and I am getting pics of 3 this last week after he quit

Dang I'm having some tough luck at the predator hunting. Called in one yote but he would not stop for a shot. I barked and howled but he was just too smart. Calling last stand (#4) then calling it a day.
aa376d0b82eb696e4f2ddcd0029bfe46.jpg

The guy trapping my place also trapped the section next to it and he caught 11 in 2 weeks in those 2 sections and I am getting pics of 3 this last week after he quit
Doesn't take long for new ones to move in.

We had a local predator contest January 29 and a friend and I entered. It was a 2 day hunt and we didn't see or shoot anything Saturday, but Sunday was a whole new day. We shot these 2 coyotes and a grey fox and had 2 more coyotes come blowing by with jets in their arse. We couldn't figure out why they were spooked, but they were. 65 two man teams and 3 individuals entered and about 25-30 teams checked animals in. There were 38 coyotes, 8 bobcats and 5 foxes checked in. One guy took them all home to skin. We didn't place, but had a great time.
2017%20Coyote%20Hunt_zpsyn3becsb.jpg

201720predator20hunt_zps22hcimfd.jpg

truck%20full_zpscdxdubpb.jpg

I hunted Monday, February 13 and had dead battery issues with my caller. Got that fixed and hunted a few more spots before I had to go get my hair cut. I stopped and ate lunch and milled around at work, killing time and then headed back to the spot I started in that morning. Sat there for a little over 2 hours, calling occasionally. Around 5pm, I decided to lay the howls on pretty thick and the fella below popped out at 5:15 and didn't get much further. I didn't weigh him, but guessed 30-35lb, he weighed 100 by the time I drug him across the field. lol. I am having him tanned now and should have him back in a couple of weeks. I will try this weekend and then I have to send my call back to be looked at for some volume issues.
Radio%20Coyote_1_zps2ygtjtzl.jpg

It's alot easier when it's been cold and they are hungry,its hot enough here they would have to stop for a beer on the way in

Back