Let's talk hunting boots for cold weather

CAS_HNTR

I noticed my warm boots are on their last leg and will need replaced. I have several pair of boots and use my rubber ones until highs in coold off below freezing.

My feet sweat too much for me to believe a warner pair of rubber boots will work well, so I am leaning towards a pair of 800-1200 gram more regular type of boot.

Ideally i would wesr them in the stand as well as for late season gun hunting where i may be micing more. I don't want to get a pair of cumbersome pack boots as they suck to walk in. I usually end up wearing boot blankets when it gets really cold to make the difference up on a 800 gram boot when I need a 2000 come January!

I'm rambling.....I used to buy Rockies because the factory was in Nelsonville Ohio and you could get them for a little bit of nothing. Their quality had gone way down though.

How about cabelas boots.....I have a pair of rubber boots from them and they are great! I don't really want to wrap $200 up I'm a pair as that would eat into my tree/ plot fund!

What are you're recommendations?

I've had good luck with Cabelas boots. I'm also a fan of Schnees out of MT for colder weather. For more typical weather, I've found nothing I like better than Mendels (sold by Cabelas).

Bought a pair of insulated Cabelas brand 18" rubber boots this summer and so far so good.
I'm also searching for a good, affordable, scent free, cold weather hunting boot. I will follow this thread.

The Woody Max Muck boots are hard to beat. They are worth looking at even though they don't exactly match your criteria.

Are the insulated boot warmers that you put over your boots once in the stand worth it ? I believe they are made by Arctic Shield.

Are the insulated boot warmers that you put over your boots once in the stand worth it ? I believe they are made by Arctic Shield.

I have them icebreaker boot blankets.....they will 100% keep your feet warm. I have hunted with 400 gram boots in highs of 25 with them blankets. They key is to put them on right after you get settled into your stand. if you wait till your feet are cold, they won't help.

They are not heavy or anything, but are a little bulky.

+1 for Cabelas. Lifetime warranty on their footwear. I have used this a couple of times and it was never a hassle to get a refund of the original purchase price or put towards another pair of boots.

Their footwear warranty unfortunately no longer include their waders, but they will pro-rate them.

I've walked the tread off mine, but that isn't bad considering the $40 price tag and 25+yrs of use. And the fact that I stay warm in them better that I do $300 boots.
5f26787a492385804dca36e0958fdd94.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

+1 for the boot blankets. Keep my feet nice and warm at any temperature (and I hunt in WI, which can get cold...). In fact, just ordered a pair to have for my kids as they start hunting. They like to put a hand warmer in the boot blanket, but outside of their boots - says it makes it toastier.

The Woody Max Muck boots are hard to beat. They are worth looking at even though they don't exactly match your criteria.
They also make an Arctic
Going into year number 9 with mine and still kicking:D. The coldest I have hunted in them was in the 10* range, with no issues. Sweaty feet? They stay warm. A friend of mine has REALLY sweaty feet and they stay cold no matter what he wears. I finally convinced him to buy some Mucks, and he doesn't regret it at all. I slipped off a log into a 33-34* creek and thought my hunt was over. Dumped the water out before I packed up and left. By the time I had most of my stuff gathered up, my feet and the water in my boots was warm. I finished up my hunt and headed home with my prize.

Arctic- http://www.muckbootcompany.com/prod...ditions-hunting-boot/mens-arctic-winter-boots

Woody Max- http://www.muckbootcompany.com/product/Mens-Woody-Max-Hunting-Boot-WDM-MOBU/mens-hunting

NOTE: The only difference between the Woody Max and the Woody Elite, is the full camo of the Elite. The insulation and cold rating are the same.

Back