Last night sit

struttingfool

I have to comment on the afternoon sit I had last night. It was the most eery sit I have ever been a part of. I can't explain it but it was a little unsettling. I sat from 1pm until dark dark. All I can tell you is that it was DEAD silent!!!!!! No blue jays, tweety birds, squirrels. No dogs barking, road noise, cars, gun shots, wind, No deer either. I mean NOTHING!!!! It was like I was the only living thing on the planet! It was so quiet I could hear my heart beating and my eye lashes hitting my hat every time I blinked !!!!! I have never experienced a hunt like that before. It was cold ~20 degrees (coldest night so far this season) snowing on and off all afternoon. The ground was frozen and crunchy as I walked to the hut so I know I didn't lose my hearing. I guess a big storm is coming our way this afternoon so I figured all of the animals would be out and about preparing. Can anyone explain it? And has anyone ever experienced anything like it? I talked to my boss last night who hunts about a mile away and he said the same thing NOTHING!!!!! Very odd!!!!

Strut

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone."

IMO i'm experiencing very similar....we had temps drop to around 0 Monday and thought for sure with that cold front moving through deer, animals be up on their feet......negative 3 acre rye/brassica plot bursting w/ turnips...1 lone fawn come out after shooting light. I think it has to do with lack of weather patterns/snow up by me. Deer have had easy pickings to acorns all fall w/ no snow yet here (which is odd) and warm November i don't think there is a push to keep bellies full and pack on fat at this time.

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone."
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMO i'm experiencing very similar....we had temps drop to around 0 Monday and thought for sure with that cold front moving through deer, animals be up on their feet......negative 3 acre rye/brassica plot bursting w/ turnips...1 lone fawn come out after shooting light. I think it has to do with lack of weather patterns/snow up by me. Deer have had easy pickings to acorns all fall w/ no snow yet here (which is odd) and warm November i don't think there is a push to keep bellies full and pack on fat at this time.
We've had no snow in Western WI either (West Salem). However, we had no acorns this fall. I have two small brassica plots that have been eaten off, mostly in the middle of the night according to the cameras.

Guess you guys didn't get the memo!! All creatures are on a mandated Covid shutdown. Now get your masks and return to your abodes and no more questions until you are told to do so. Hope all understand!

^^^^THIS^^^^

It is an eerie feeling when there's nothing and I mean absolutely nothing stirring. No birds, squirrels, turkeys, deer....anything. No noise just calm silence. Normally I pack up and head in quick on those days. Raises the hair on the back of you neck for sure. But then again I've kill my best bow buck on a day like that. Only thing I heard of saw that resembled a living creature that afternoon. Super spooky tracking him as well. Always felt like something was following me. Even the dogs (didn't really need them) wouldn't venture off. Stayed right with me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PineSap, thats exactly what it was. I guess the thing that puzzles me the most about that night was in my 33 years of hunting I have NEVER experienced anything like that before? And I hope I never do again. Any idea on how to explain why that happen? I have had off nights, very little to no movement, but at least I would hear the neighbor dog bark or a crow flying over head, or at the very least the wind blowing. Just a very odd experience. I guess I can add that to my hunting memory bank for a future hunting story.

Back