lakngolf

lakngolf

Yep, it is now lakngolf

Several changes for me during 2019. As we added on a few years my wife and I thought it best to sell the Gulf Coast condo and invest in a small house in a golf community in Auburn, AL. National Village is a retirement type community adjacent to one of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course…..Grand National. The RTJ Golf Trial is throughout the state and home to some of the best golf courses around.

The community has the Golf, four lakes, numerous trails, wildlife, forests and a huge Marriott that shares amenities with the National Village home owners association. We are excited about a new chapter of excitement, I am getting back into golf, and this place is only an hour from our place on Lake Martin.
zNatV.JPG
zarea.jpeg
And…….I sold Mandy. I have a great neighbor next to the hunting land who has become a good friend. He made me an offer for Mandy that I could not refuse….a good price and lifetime hunting rights for me and the grand sons. I worried about those little trees (now big oak, pear and chestnut trees) that I have babied in the greenhouse and planted. He wrote in the contract and agreement that I take care of those for life. It has been a little different doing and not owning but it has been rewarding. Only problem is he has made it look like Augusta or Grand National while I was trying to make it look nasty. (Sorry, dogghr no random clusters here). I have transferred my efforts to the bull pen and that is paying off nicely.

zm1.JPG

zm2.JPG

So New Year, New Me! BUT WE STILL HAVE OREO!!

zm3.JPG

Golf is about the only thing that ever came close to being as enjoyable as deer hunting. Probably because I spend almost as much time in the woods golfing. Wish you the best on your new adventure.

Congrats Lakn. Since I’ve always shortened your handle no prob for me w name change. And I get you w golf. We have a fairway lot going to build on soon. It’s much like yours. 3 awesome courses plus independent resort providing amenities. And... bow hunting is allowed on the 10000 acres besides lake and stream fisheries. !! But they prob get mad at me hingecutting trees along the roads. Lol. I never cared for golf till body parts began taking beating from other sports. I’ll never be good at it, too late.
What???? No Random Clusters on your place?? I jst don’t know who you are anymore. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm proud for you Mr. Golf.

Life just has a way of demanding changes, and I'm glad that your changes are making you happy. Best wishes on the new adventure.

Congrats on your New Adventure!

While I have never personally had access to Lakes within a Golf Home Community, I have been told by many that do that there are Big Bass that live there. Many have never seen a lure in their life. With these newer Small Pond Boats there are today they are so stable you can even stand up in them if you want with no fear of tipping over.

Being able to Bowhunt the Property is a HUGE Plus.

I hope you enjoy it and it becomes all you dream it will be.

Congratulations LnG! I am not to that point and really have no plans to ever be at that point...we hope to be able to leave our land in a trust to the kids/grandkids so just going to keep improving as long as I can. I read someone mentioned fishing and I can tell you I would be fishing instead of swinging a golf club but I have friends who golf and they really seem to enjoy it. How much land was Mandy and how many acres do you have left in that area?

Congratulations LnG! I am not to that point and really have no plans to ever be at that point...we hope to be able to leave our land in a trust to the kids/grandkids so just going to keep improving as long as I can. I read someone mentioned fishing and I can tell you I would be fishing instead of swinging a golf club but I have friends who golf and they really seem to enjoy it. How much land was Mandy and how many acres do you have left in that area?
Mandy was only 24 acres. I had improved it greatly. I still have about 75 that is all more wooded than mandy. Most of mandy money went to grandkids college funds. I was glad to do that and will still have some for kids / grandkids that want to hang on to it.
I appreciate what you are doing on your land and your heirs will too

Golf is about the only thing that ever came close to being as enjoyable as deer hunting. Probably because I spend almost as much time in the woods golfing. Wish you the best on your new adventure.
I used to play a lot and really enjoyed. Old, slow, with a belly to swing around but I have enjoyed swinging the old club

Congrats Lakn. Since I’ve always shortened your handle no prob for me w name change. And I get you w golf. We have a fairway lot going to build on soon. It’s much like yours. 3 awesome courses plus independent resort providing amenities. And... bow hunting is allowed on the 10000 acres besides lake and stream fisheries. !! But they prob get mad at me hingecutting trees along the roads. Lol. I never cared for golf till body parts began taking beating from other sports. I’ll never be good at it, too late.
What???? No Random Clusters on your place?? I jst don’t know who you are anymore. Congrats.

Sounds like some adventures ahead for you too

I'm proud for you Mr. Golf.

Life just has a way of demanding changes, and I'm glad that your changes are making you happy. Best wishes on the new adventure.
I am hoping this is a slow down change but this year too much coincided with hunting season

Congrats on your New Adventure!

While I have never personally had access to Lakes within a Golf Home Community, I have been told by many that do that there are Big Bass that live there. Many have never seen a lure in their life. With these newer Small Pond Boats there are today they are so stable you can even stand up in them if you want with no fear of tipping over.

Being able to Bowhunt the Property is a HUGE Plus.

I hope you enjoy it and it becomes all you dream it will be.
Never been that much of a fisherman but I hear there are some big ones there.

lak---Another here that is thrilled for you! I've played Grand National many times and just prior to buying my farm, would have bet the farm that I would have retired on a golf course. I played for many, many years and still do, but these days it more corporate golf. Once carried a single digit handicap but no longer. Farm took the place of golf but I still enjoy golf and plan to play for as long as I can.

We are just breaking ground on our retirement home on a 56 acre tract of land near son and daughter. Don't think I will regret that but I could just have easily retired on or near a golf course and feel like I would have loved it. Pretty sure when I finally hang up the spurs on work life, I will join another club and golf regularly near our new home. Who knows...may even put me in a hole or two on the new place.

Keep us posted on your adventures. And, the bullpen looks fantastic!

lak---Another here that is thrilled for you! I've played Grand National many times and just prior to buying my farm, would have bet the farm that I would have retired on a golf course. I played for many, many years and still do, but these days it more corporate golf. Once carried a single digit handicap but no longer. Farm took the place of golf but I still enjoy golf and plan to play for as long as I can.

We are just breaking ground on our retirement home on a 56 acre tract of land near son and daughter. Don't think I will regret that but I could just have easily retired on or near a golf course and feel like I would have loved it. Pretty sure when I finally hang up the spurs on work life, I will join another club and golf regularly near our new home. Who knows...may even put me in a hole or two on the new place.

Keep us posted on your adventures. And, the bullpen looks fantastic!
Thanks, IIIC. As much golf as I used to play I find it hard to believe that I quit. And when I did start hitting balls a couple years ago I could not believe how much distance I had lost.. My best round of golf ever was at Grand National soon after it opened in the nineties.
I remember in the golf cart were some helpful hints on each hole "bunkers left" "water at 200 yards" etc. We got to one hole and the instructions were "LET THE BIG DOG EAT!" I hope to find that hole again. Grand National is a beautiful place.
Good luck with the new construction and handling Meme's habitat instructions!

Lakn, I missed this post earlier. Congratulations on your move! That’s a good deal for you to still be able to hunt Mandy. Enjoy the new place...The Auburn area sure is nice.

Back