Kieffer pear tree still loaded

willy

Just a quick report on pears..

One of my Kieffer pear trees is still loaded with an equal amount on the ground. The ones are the ground are half eaten. Not sure why they don't finish them.

I watched some does/fawns and one buck eating them off the ground last Thursday.

Good to see them being used with my own eyes. There was one persimmon on my tree so picked it having never tried them. It was awesome.

Just a quick report on pears..

One of my Kieffer pear trees is still loaded with an equal amount on the ground. The ones are the ground are half eaten. Not sure why they don't finish them.

I watched some does/fawns and one buck eating them off the ground last Thursday.

Good to see them being used with my own eyes. There was one persimmon on my tree so picked it having never tried them. It was awesome.
Deer are notorious for taking a bite out of something and then letting the rest of it rot. Especially turnips. But never corn. Do you have any pictures of the Kieffer pear tree? That seems late for a tree that far north to still be holding fruit. Perhaps you have a new variety and everyone will be begging you for scions to start more trees like it!

Deer are notorious for taking a bite out of something and then letting the rest of it rot. Especially turnips. But never corn. Do you have any pictures of the Kieffer pear tree? That seems late for a tree that far north to still be holding fruit. Perhaps you have a new variety and everyone will be begging you for scions to start more trees like it!

I just put a camera on it today to see what cleans it up. All that were on the ground were cleaned up but there were roughly a hundred left. I pulled one down and ate it. It was very tasty, firm, and sweet. The grit I know keiffer for was not present. We've had some good hard frost since the first of November, perhaps that has something to do with the sweet and gritless delight.

I haven't seen fruit on it this late before. Usually by mid Nov. it has all dropped. The other keiffer about 30' away dropped all it's pears prior to the day I saw the the deer eating it that week.

Trail cam on tree showed last pear on tree Dec. 16. I bought this tree as a keiffer. It looks like the others that I got with it and the others load up with pears as well but this one has held them the latest.

I will cut scions for people if they want some. I will put 8 in a prepaid envelope from the post office. The envelope costs 9.65. I'll send them for 10.00 total. If you want me to send you 8 scions by the end of next week, pm me.

https://store.usps.com/store/produc...flat-rate-padded-envelope-ppep14pe-P_PPEP14PE

Kind of a tree rookie. What is the process to get the scion to a point they can be planted?

The scions are for grafting onto rootstock or top working an existing tree.

Google grafting and a wealth of info will be at your finger tips.

Back