It's Over....Now the fun begins!

I got tons of plans. However I found out at Christmas I have prostate cancer and am having to have it removed Tuesday. Doctor says it’ll be SIX WEEKS before I can run a chainsaw and do heavy lifting, so unless some of y’all want to come work for me, I’m just gonna have to live through y’all for a while!
May not make it over with my chainsaw but I am sending prayers for successful surgery and steady healing. Good luck, LLC

I got tons of plans. However I found out at Christmas I have prostate cancer and am having to have it removed Tuesday. Doctor says it’ll be SIX WEEKS before I can run a chainsaw and do heavy lifting, so unless some of y’all want to come work for me, I’m just gonna have to live through y’all for a while!

Not good, I hope for a good result.

G

Sorry to hijack this thread with my health issues but thought y’all might get a kick out of my misfortunes. You will LOVE this. Got to spend all afternoon today in the ER——Kidney Stone.

LLC, I hope you're on the mend?

Plans
March/April - Continue to cut border around the property and post No TressPass Signs
Early April - Hired a habitat guy to draw up a plan, give advice, etc. (Money well spent IMHO) * I know many of you feel these guys are snake oil, but I just turned 50, just bought this property and really don't have the time to make mistakes.
April/May - Continue to Chainsaw food plots and clear land, hinge cut based on recommendations from Habitat guy
End of April - Have some trees (misc oaks from MCO, Cedar from Chief RiverNursery (No cedar on my property)
May -Start to think about planting buckwheat and build the soil. Get my cell cams out,
June - Cut shooting lanes, Re-position stands based on plan. Adding two new ladder stands.

RedNeck Blind - would like one if I it fits the budget. Lots to be done to the cottage on the property.
Add another cell cam.
Phase II Food Plots (what ever that will be)

Good luck LLC.I had the robotic prostate surgery on 1/6 and it did take the full six weeks to almost full recovery.I had a infection in one of the incesions that is just getting better.I am looking forward to going to the farm this weekend. Lots to do but going to sit on picnic table with fire and count my blessings since it appears that I am cancer free for now.

Glad to hear you guys are recovering well. Had the stones a few times, pretty rough few days.

I've learned a lot from this forum and really enjoy reading everyone's experiences. My place is just on the edge of Kansas that starts getting a bit arid. So I'll experiment in this my first year there. I did find a walnut tree on the place so I am harboring some hopes of maybe getting some type of oak planted for a test run.

Good luck LLC.I had the robotic prostate surgery on 1/6 and it did take the full six weeks to almost full recovery.I had a infection in one of the incesions that is just getting better.I am looking forward to going to the farm this weekend. Lots to do but going to sit on picnic table with fire and count my blessings since it appears that I am cancer free for now.

Good to hear my friend. Best of luck. Doc told me Tuesday to not even think of working at the farm until April. Driving me NUTS. Still dealing with the kidney stone. Hoping to have it busted up in a couple weeks. Everybody have fun while you can and DO NOT take it for granted.

Glad to hear you guys are recovering well. Had the stones a few times, pretty rough few days.

I've learned a lot from this forum and really enjoy reading everyone's experiences. My place is just on the edge of Kansas that starts getting a bit arid. So I'll experiment in this my first year there. I did find a walnut tree on the place so I am harboring some hopes of maybe getting some type of oak planted for a test run.

Burr oaks

Good to hear my friend. Best of luck. Doc told me Tuesday to not even think of working at the farm until April. Driving me NUTS. Still dealing with the kidney stone. Hoping to have it busted up in a couple weeks. Everybody have fun while you can and DO NOT take it for granted.
Hopefully you get on your feet soon! Isn't your spring turkey season about 2 weeks away?

Getting old sure is fun ain’t it ?:eek: I just figured out I’m one of the lucky 30% of covid survivors that can’t shake the after effects. The term they’re using is “long haulers”, definitely not a group I wanted to be a part of. My blood pressure and blood sugars have both been elevated since Christmas, about the time I thought I had kicked covid’s azz. Some days are worse than others, but the worst part is the doctors can’t figure out what to do to get it down. :(

That is a personal attack on you by Communist China and our government won’t do crap about it. They’ve murdered thousands of Americans this year.

Back