Is something wrong with my bow?

If you where not done before.....you are now! That looks like a great way to get hurt! Good thing you saw it before it actually failed completely. I would keep it in a case and the like until you can get it to a shop because it may still have enough of a load on it to go flying across the room!

No cable snapped when the limb twisted, string is loose, I did get lucky but it's at the shop now for warranty no time to waste.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I rate that at about a 9 on the pucker scale right there. You were lucky. I hope they get it fixed right and quick for you. Good luck.

I have a Diamond bow as well and have never had any issues, good to see they are taking care of it and you still have all your toes and fingers ! That could've been ugly !

Any idea why it did that?
Did you drop bow at any point?
Did you dry fire it? That's what it looks like to me.
Happy that didn't blow up on you!

Any idea why it did that?
Did you drop bow at any point?
Did you dry fire it? That's what it looks like to me.
Happy that didn't blow up on you!
Not sure, it's never ben seriously dropped, I was at the range on my 6th or 7th shot at the arrow nocked, pulled back and CRACK, went to let it off easy but it didn't have and load. There it was.

I work with a guy who had a limb on his Diamond fracture on him last year. I dont have anymore details. I will have to ask him on Monday.

I had an xi bow bust in two at full draw years ago. Scary stuff. Glad you're ok and the bow is on the mend. Great reminder to everyone. Inspect your equipment! Plenty of time to get a new set-up ready. My son dry fired his bow this summer. I need to re-check it. Thanks for sharing.

Not sure, it's never ben seriously dropped, I was at the range on my 6th or 7th shot at the arrow nocked, pulled back and CRACK, went to let it off easy but it didn't have and load. There it was.

Man that's screwed up. So happy you're ok buddy. I know bows have blown up and hurt dudes bad!

It does have the look of a bow that was dry fired or pressed incorrectly. Cams may be bent, axles probably are bent, limbs need to be replaced and I would check the weight of the arrows with tips on to make sure you are not using arrows that are too light for the poundage you are drawing.

It does have the look of a bow that was dry fired or pressed incorrectly. Cams may be bent, axles probably are bent, limbs need to be replaced and I would check the weight of the arrows with tips on to make sure you are not using arrows that are too light for the poundage you are drawing.
I shoot easton fmjs that weight 11.3 gpi with a 100 grain feild point so they come in around 430 g. I don't think that's underwieght.

Back