Iron Will 2021

A hundred bucks for 1 broadhead

Or is that for 3? Couldn’t tell

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Three pack. Not the most expensive head available but obviously they’re expensive. The A2 steel they use is phenomenal.

Definitely a personal choice on what’s “required”. I’ve killed a lot of animals with regularly priced heads. I shot a few animals with IW heads back in February. The edge retention is really what sets them apart. I’ll be testing out one or both of the 2021 heads this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three pack. Not the most expensive head available but obviously they’re expensive. The A2 steel they use is phenomenal.

Definitely a personal choice on what’s “required”. I’ve killed a lot of animals with regularly priced heads. I shot a few animals with IW heads back in February. The edge retention is really what sets them apart. I’ll be testing out one or both of the 2021 heads this year.

I’m guessing you can’t get those at Walmart ?o_O

Lots of folks pay $30-50 for a 3 pack of disposable broad heads. Considering these could be used over an over, if recovered, seems reasonable.

I wasted loads of money on expandables over the years. This coming year I'm taking the leap... 200+ gr fixed, single bevel 2 blades. TAW of 600gr - 750. Shoots great so far. I'll be curious how it turns out in the field.

So far I've got some heads from ACE, grizzly, and abowyer. With the exception of Ace, all the heads are pricey. They can all be reused as well. Judging from the quality and thickness, I doubt the blades will be destroyed upon first impact.

Lots of folks pay $30-50 for a 3 pack of disposable broad heads. Considering these could be used over an over, if recovered, seems reasonable.

I wasted loads of money on expandables over the years. This coming year I'm taking the leap... 200+ gr fixed, single bevel 2 blades. TAW of 600gr - 750. Shoots great so far. I'll be curious how it turns out in the field.

So far I've got some heads from ACE, grizzly, and abowyer. With the exception of Ace, all the heads are pricey. They can all be reused as well. Judging from the quality and thickness, I doubt the blades will be destroyed upon first impact.

There’s definitely a solid argument for “high priced” heads like Iron Will and others. At times we definitely waste a lot of money trying to save money.

IW have a lifetime warranty and can be resharpened and reused.

Do they come with a practice head?

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Yes, they’re all practice heads. Just touch them up and you’re ready to hunt! With the edge retention on the iron wills you have to shoot them into a target many times before they start to dull. THAT’s the selling point of the A2 steel in my opinion.

I'm sold on heavier (reusable) broadheads after reading all the stuff Ed Ashby has put out. Honestly, if I were only shooting whitetails, the only benefit may be having broadheads I can reuse, potentially as long as I can recover them.... However, black bears are coming back big in Virginia. People who have never seen one while hunting are being presented opportunities. One of the guys in my club had a completely blood covered crossbow bolt pass through a black bear... no blood trail, and he didn't recover the animal.

I started researching what people are using for bow hunting hardier animals. Makes sense to me to be prepared during bow season, especially after killing my first bear during muzzleloader this year.

I never really had serious problems with the mechanicals I was using, but, they were basically destroyed after the first shot. I much prefer sharpening as apposed to buying little razorblades I have to reassemble, clean, et cetera.

The physics is really what sold me. I'll feel much more comfortable knowing I can shoot a bear with the confidence of knowing if I do my part, the arrow will be much more efficient.

After reconfiguring my arrows to a much higher weight FOC setup, I'm super surprised my trajectory out to 30 yards is not much different. Also my bow is SOOO quiet now.

I'm curious how this whole deal would work on my crossbow as well. Because my shoulder is healed the Excalibur Exomax will likely be relegated to getting non-bowhunters (hunting curious friends) into the woods. I'm reluctant to mess around with bolt weights. The crossbow hits so dang hard I'm thinking the only time it would matter is if black bear comes into the picture. I'll have to think about it a little harder. I don't even think I have ever weighed my bolts. They shoot so perfect out to 60yards.

Back