I'm sick of crap from Asia

Tap

I looked out my bathroom window today and something didn't look right about my hemlock trees...yep, I have the Asian born Woolie Adgelid.
Add it to the list...
Knotweed
Stiltgrass
Mile-a-Minute
Multiflora Rose
Privet
Bush Honeysuckle
Oriental Bittersweet
Autumn Olive
Kudzu (I don't have it yet)
Tree of Heaven
Emerald Ash Borer
Spotted lantern fly
Stink bugs
and what is killing the spruce and fir...I'm betting it came from Asia, too.
The coronavirus
And I'm sure I'm missing a few (probably a few dozen).
Just one more miserable invasive from Asia.
So demoralizing.
There should be an exemption for curse words being used in certain topics. "Crap from Asia" just isn't descriptive enough.

Steel manufactured in China. Like even the "good" harrows made in USA use. They break. Along with the bolts n nuts that accompany them. Think Ol Man tree stands is out of business now (not totally sure). Son has one of the original Ol' Man climbers that still looks great with very little rust on any of it. 6 years ago I bought 3 Ol' Man hang-on stands that all rusted the 1st year they were out. Made in China. Unfortunately, most all of the stands and ladders are now made in China. Disgusting how quickly they rust, particularly the cheap ones.

Traeger grills now made in China. Heck, most everything we buy seems to be made there.

Steel manufactured in China. Like even the "good" harrows made in USA use. They break. Along with the bolts n nuts that accompany them. Think Ol Man tree stands is out of business now (not totally sure). Son has one of the original Ol' Man climbers that still looks great with very little rust on any of it. 6 years ago I bought 3 Ol' Man hang-on stands that all rusted the 1st year they were out. Made in China. Unfortunately, most all of the stands and ladders are now made in China. Disgusting how quickly they rust, particularly the cheap ones.

Traeger grills now made in China. Heck, most everything we buy seems to be made there.
I have an original Ol Man stand. It hangs in the woodshed partially exposed 24-7. No rust on it either.

It's so bad....my kids play a game in wal-mart. They have to go and find something....anything that isn't made in asia in the store and the first one back wins. It takes a while! Also keep in mind some companies even play a game between "made in America" and "Assembled in America".....because most of the component parts come from other countries. This is the same reason we have cheap plastic gears in appliances and things don't last like the used to....because they are not designed to last forever any more! It's all about the $$$. The rich get richer and the rest of us get screwed!

I wasnt even talking about the MAN MADE Chinese shi+. Thats an entirely other complaint. I can (kinda) choose to not buy some of their garbage, but when it comes to invasive plants, ignoring it is really difficult for me. It comes pounding on my door, uninvited. I either have to fight the losing battle or surrender. And I don't have it in me to wave the white flag.
This is a rough time of the year for seeing the privet and bush honeysuckle...the crap is extremely visible right now. Driving the roads around this region is depressing. Its everywhere. Damn.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The Bible says that “the love of money is the root of all evil”. They are simply chasing that profit margin. What the worst part is, IMO, is that if you’re a manufacturer and you want to compete, you almost have to go to some foreign country where the workers are little more than slaves. I don’t think it’s a habit we can break.....

You left out those Asian Women that used to pop up on the right side of the screen at the forum.....:D;)

See there you go picking on my hobbies!!!
I’ve fussed of all the China crap for years but it controls us. Many of the bugs/ diseases of our forests originate from imported items from China in particular. Our forest and field flora is taking a beating and eventual transformation thanks to this unplanned invasion of pests.
They/ China like our exported coal and red oak. Maybe we should some how attach an evil bug to send them in thanks.
Liked your lists Tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bible says that “the love of money is the root of all evil”. They are simply chasing that profit margin. What the worst part is, IMO, is that if you’re a manufacturer and you want to compete, you almost have to go to some foreign country where the workers are little more than slaves. I don’t think it’s a habit we can break.....
Our democracy was founded on values of honesty and integrity that somewhat continues to this day, and these values are a must for a democracy to survive. I think the problem we have in dealing with China is in us struggling to understand that the ruling party there doesn't have our values and is out to get everything they can get by any means possible, including theft of technology and enslaving their own people. Bill Clinton sold us out to the Chinese to fund his reelection campaign and we're still reaping the results.

I think declaring all public and private debt owed the Chinese to be null and void would be a great baby step. Then write laws forcing U.S. companies to move all operations of any type out of China might be an okay first step. Maybe then send a couple of carrier battle groups to the South China Sea to help them understand the concept of international waters.

Back