Hot weather hunting...BLAH!

Read it and weep

848a49eef84c61afa94540a605036977.jpg

This is fall...right?

f81da9c9beda3bac2dcf0256ae065565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been an absolutely lame October. Worst I can remember. Where have all the freaking cold fronts been? 80 degrees tomorrow. I used to complain when it hit SIXTY in early November. That would be a welcome sight.

That being said, did have a cool day Thursday and had a great 3 year old just out of range. Do have an anterless deer aging in the fridge, so it could have been worse if I had missed. Glad I didn't take any time off this week like I originally planned. I will not step into a treestand unless it is under 70 degrees. Did it twice this month and never again. The only thing that moved were the ****ing mosquitoes!!

Never thought I'd say this, but bring on December!!

Crazy hot weather. I'm seeing no daytime activity and no signs of early rutting. Might make for an exciting rifle season.

Frustration level has increased here as well. We have had 2 light frosts here all fall. Havent checked a card in a week or more. Havent hunted in over a week. No significant cold fronts in the forcast. Forcast looks like a broken record. Its going to be a miserable rifle season from my work perspective (taxidermy) going to be a rush to try and salvage capes from deer that will likely not be taken care of properly.

Hard to believe my rutcation is next week. Feel like i need to mow grass, but the yard is pretty much leaves and dust. Pokeberry is throwing out another round of blooms.
I planned to hunt the 3 day weekend, but 83 deg and breezy kind of ruin the mood.
Feel free to whine a little bit in this thread. Its ok to release some frustrations. :)

Warmest muzzleloader season I can remember in Oklahoma with average daytime temps of 85 the entire 9 days. In our area we usually have frost by now but I have been camping all week sweating and sleeping on top of the covers even while running a fan instead of running a little heater at night.

But as I said before our plots are certainly doing well...

I don't have electricity at my place so last night I was running a little 12V fan to keep cool-with windows open. Unusual weather say the least. Hunting in light clothes and short sleeves in the afternoon. My rape is turning yellow, radishes are green but very stunted. I received less than 0.4" of rain for October and that small rain was over 3 weeks ago. Surprisingly the cereal grains are still nice and green living off heavy morning dews.

3ef906fc9ec888864dd8d1cdea7f09d8.jpg

Actually we have been quite a bit hotter than 75 everyday but we might get down to that later this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It rained 1 time for about 15 minutes here since the first of September. Its as bad as i've ever seen and i'm 53 years old. With it being in the mid to upper 80's only makes it worse. I've given up on it ever raining again.

Back