Horizontal rubs???

Why horizontal?
It’s a Ted Miller idea. Do a search and it will explain.
Please don’t take my comment as snide but it’s better for you to look it up than for me to try to explain it. It’s interesting!!!!!!

Last edited:
That’s not how this forum works. If you would like to discuss something, explain it. No one here has time to go off and do homework for you.

You took my reply wrong sir. I’m not asking someone to do my homework I’m asking if it worked for them. It’s a lot of explaining to describe what Ted is doing with the horizontal rub. To write it all out is too much.

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures or videos proving this.
The type of habitat that I hunt has a lot of dead falls and brush piles and there's plenty of 3" limbs sticking out. If this is as hot as ted Miller says, why have I never seen a horizontal rub?

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures or videos proving this.
The type of habitat that I hunt has a lot of dead falls and brush piles and there's plenty of 3" limbs sticking out. If this is as hot as ted Miller says, why have I never seen a horizontal rub?

He has pictures and videos!!!

N
Then link to them or post them here! This isn’t Facebook.
Your first remark to me was “do I expect them to do my homework for me” and now your wanting me to do the homework for them! What the heck is going on or are you just being difficult????

N

Your first remark to me was “do I expect them to do my homework for me” and now your wanting me to do the homework for them! What the heck is going on or are you just being difficult????

Man, you started the thread. The onus is on you to let people know what you are talking about. I have never heard of a horizontal rub. I’ve never heard of Ted Miller. Many other forum members haven’t either. I’m very happy to learn, but if you expect people to talk about a subject, provide some context - don’t just expect us all to Google it.

This forum has high standards. It’s a great community of people, but it’s also a pain in the ass for me dealing with all the spam and technical issues. You seem like a good guy, so go to the Introduction section of the forum, introduce yourself, then come back and explain to everyone what horizontal rubs are, why we should care about them, and what you have experienced with them.

Man, you started the thread. The onus is on you to let people know what you are talking about. I have never heard of a horizontal rub. I’ve never heard of Ted Miller. Many other forum members haven’t either. I’m very happy to learn, but if you expect people to talk about a subject, provide some context - don’t just expect us all to Google it.

This forum has high standards. It’s a great community of people, but it’s also a pain in the ass for me dealing with all the spam and technical issues. You seem like a good guy, so go to the Introduction section of the forum, introduce yourself, then come back and explain to everyone what horizontal rubs are, why we should care about them, and what you have experienced with them.

Holy cow! And you are the moderator?? If this is what it’s like in here then it isn’t a group that I want to be a part of!!! You need look at yourself before you go around talking to people like this. Moderator PFFFT!!!

doesn't know difference between horizontal and vertical.I have put them out and used them and no doubt Ted Miller has good luck.I also use 4x4 with pine limb and have good luck with them.Bucks in some areas do different things.Ted got started using them after he saw elk hitting fallen limbs

the OP could of made this so much easier on himself and us if he would of just posted a video such as this and then asked if anyone else had any experience with them.

Personally I have never heard of this before--- nor the man who came up with the idea.

And it is NEVER a good idea to try a bitch out the Owner of a site, never goes well.

the OP could of made this so much easier on himself and us if he would of just posted a video such as this and then asked if anyone else had any experience with them.

Personally I have never heard of this before--- nor the man who came up with the idea.

And it is NEVER a good idea to try a bitch out the Owner of a site, never goes well.
Agreed!!!!! Interesting none the less. I'm sure a buck isn't prejudiced on what he runs really

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I thought I was pretty nice to him. Oh well.
Between this thread and the one on “fairy’s dust”, I’m clearly out of touch with what goes on in some circles of the hunting community. I may be in the minority, but I don’t have the time nor the inclination to go searching for things to talk about on the Internet.

Never in my wildest dreams have I ever given a horizontal rub a thought. I can see one from one of my deer stands on the marsh, but I just assumed the bucks chose it because it was the only tree available. Either I’m under thinking it or someone else (Ted Miller maybe?) is overthinking it.

I thought I was pretty nice to him. Oh well.
Between this thread and the one on “fairy’s dust”, I’m clearly out of touch with what goes on in some circles of the hunting community. I may be in the minority, but I don’t have the time nor the inclination to go searching for things to talk about on the Internet.

Never in my wildest dreams have I ever given a horizontal rub a thought. I can see one from one of my deer stands on the marsh, but I just assumed the bucks chose it because it was the only tree available. Either I’m under thinking it or someone else (Ted Miller maybe?) is overthinking it.

Keep up the good work sir.

Rusty

Ted Miller and Ranch Fairy were brought to the attention of a lot of people by a YouTube Channel called The Hunting Public, which are a bunch of young guys who hunt public land in various states. In my opinion they make great content that is enjoyable to watch. I say that as a guy who cannot stand watching hunting shows or at least 99% of them. Steve Rinella and The Hunting Public Guys are the only hunting related shows I enjoy. The Hunting Public Guys do some things differently like spot and stalk Whitetails on public ground, hunting from the ground without a groundblind, using tree saddles exclusively. They also have interesting guests like Ted Miller showing his horizontal rubs and Troy- aka Ranch Fairy who espouses Ashby’s wisdom. Ranch Fairy had his own YouTube channel but got a lot of interest via the THP guys. The Ranch Fairy guy has a personality that makes a lot of people dislike him but the criticisms he got on here and gets other places about “ripping off” Ashby are unfounded. The guy routinely cites Ashby and his purpose is to bring Dr. Ashby’s work to a wider audience to help hunters effectively and ethically kill more game. I’m not plugging for the THP guys, but just letting you guys who don’t watch them know where this stuff is coming from and also letting you know that most all of you would probably find their stuff highly entertaining and informative to watch. The bonus is it doesn’t come with 15 minutes of sponsorship talking points like a Grant Woods Video. Just hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Back