Grown Bear Video

Keithw247

I have several grown bears that spend time on our property. This is a recent video of one of them. This video was taken on my $50 Moultrie D-500 (Walmart special) I purchased last year. I thought the video was pretty decent for such a cheap camera.

Have to agree with dogdoc on this one. I know they'll get to my little slice of Western KY one day but I hope it's a long time. I'm just not comfortable being in the woods with something that's meaner, bigger, faster, stronger, and can climb better than me. I don't like those odds at all.

I agree with Cedar and dogdoc. I would be a little leery walking into the stand to bowhunt with those critters running around. I know we are starting to get more big cats in our neck of the woods and it has crossed my mind a time or two. Especially in areas that I have trail camera pictures of them. And of course in Illinois we are not allowed to carry a sidearm with us while bowhunting either.

I agree with Cedar and dogdoc. I would be a little leery walking into the stand to bowhunt with those critters running around. I know we are starting to get more big cats in our neck of the woods and it has crossed my mind a time or two. Especially in areas that I have trail camera pictures of them. And of course in Illinois we are not allowed to carry a sidearm with us while bowhunting either.

Wow. It's never even crossed my mind to see if I could legally carry a sidearm while bow hunting. I never enter the woods without a pistol regardless of season so hope I'm not breaking law. That seems preferable, however, to being eaten by a bear or mountain lion so I think I'll risk getting a ticket over possibly becoming an appetizer for something else. : )

Back