Group seed order coordination forum?

RGrizzzz

Administrator
Staff member
Green Cover Seed has recently suggested folks find local groups of people to combine orders to save on shipping costs. Their prices reflect built in shipping costs with discounts for larger quantities. Unfortunately, they don't offer a mechanism to help find other people local to you. I managed to find someone local to me last year to combine an order. I think it makes sense to offer a forum to help people order in bulk. It could go beyond seed too. For example, tree tubes shipped in bulk will get discounts too. The companies could link to the forum to help folks find each other and drive traffic too. Thoughts?

It sounds like a good idea, the success depends a lot on whether the savings would be enough to make it worthwhile.

It sounds like a good idea, the success depends a lot on whether the savings would be enough to make it worthwhile.
Agreed. Green cover said the volume discounts get into the low 30% range.

I priced some tree tubes, and in quantity, you can save over $1/tube.

They have 25 lbs of VNS Ladino clover for 153.75.
I am buying Barenbrug Regalgraze Ladino white clover for $134 a bag.
A 30% discount plus shipping for their VNS would not look very attractive to me, I can buy VNS seed at the local feed mill for much cheaper than that.

They have 25 lbs of VNS Ladino clover for 153.75.
I am buying Barenbrug Regalgraze Ladino white clover for $134 a bag.
A 30% discount plus shipping for their VNS would not look very attractive to me, I can buy VNS seed at the local feed mill for much cheaper than that.
Not everything is cheaper than local, but not everyone has access to wide selections.

Last edited:
Back