Got my first deer

randomguy

Hey everyone,

I haven’t been active on this forum much, but I did get some advice from folks on this forum regarding hunting a while back since I’m a newbie. Anyway, I wanted to report that I got a small spike buck last weekend!

My son and I setup a ground blind in a high traffic area and have been looking at pics for some time. There are a few bucks running around and this guy stopped and stood in front of the blind. He stared right into the blind so I just froze and waited. He bent down and sniffed around and I raised my 870. He cane broadside again and I got him. He ran maybe 60-80 yards on to the adjacent property, but that guy was out hunting too. We hadn’t met before, but I had seen his orange and knew he was there. He told me where to find him and we got the buck cleaned and dropped off at the processor with 5 minutes to spare.

It was quite an experience. Thanks to all from around here that have posted and given me advice!

IMG_9587.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Hey everyone,

I haven’t been active on this forum much, but I did get some advice from folks on this forum regarding hunting a while back since I’m a newbie. Anyway, I wanted to report that I got a small spike buck last weekend!

My son and I setup a ground blind in a high traffic area and have been looking at pics for some time. There are a few bucks running around and this guy stopped and stood in front of the blind. He stared right into the blind so I just froze and waited. He bent down and sniffed around and I raised my 870. He cane broadside again and I got him. He ran maybe 60-80 yards on to the adjacent property, but that guy was out hunting too. We hadn’t met before, but I had seen his orange and knew he was there. He told me where to find him and we got the buck cleaned and dropped off at the processor with 5 minutes to spare.

It was quite an experience. Thanks to all from around here that have posted and given me advice!

View attachment 17623

Congratulations!!! They come easier after the first one...

Congrats, you'll have a special place for that first deer memory the rest of your life. Way to go!

Hey everyone,

View attachment 17623

Nothing quite like that first deer experience

Hey everyone,

View attachment 17623

Congratulations, on what I hope is the first of many successful seasons! I’m glad that this forum helped you in some way. It’s good to be able to draw on others knowledge, but there’s no better resource than the woods. Spend enough time with her and she’ll teach you what you need to know. And the best part about it is after decades we still get to learn, you’ve never see it all with nature.

Back