Fimco nozzle replacement

I have an older model fimco 15 gal sprayer
I ave the older model
I have this sprayer, same setup but different tank.

https://www.spraysmarter.com/fimco-...MIv-SAwbST6QIVePvjBx1sxQxOEAQYAiABEgJKMPD_BwE

The mist is extremely fine. I was curious if there is a good replacement anyone could recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to your local Tractor Supply. They have replacement tips with different flow rate. They are pretty much all interchangeable. I have a bunch depending on what application I'm doing

Go to your local Tractor Supply. They have replacement tips with different flow rate. They are pretty much all interchangeable. I have a bunch depending on what application I'm doing

Thanks! Do you have any recommendations for spraying plots?

Thanks! Do you have any recommendations for spraying plots?

What GPM is your pump? Also depends on the speed in which you drive. Is the main reason why you want to go to larger droplet size is because of wind drift?

I believe it is 2.1 GPM. I've been driving about 4 mph when spraying. I get about and acre done with that sprayer at that speed. I have the sprayer in the back of the ranger with the tailgate removed. I'd say the nozzles are about 20''-24" off the ground. I get 5-6ft(max) of coverage.
I was hoping to get better coverage. I've had the sprayer forever, I hate to drop the money on a new one, but the small capacity is pretty limiting.

I saw a guy near me selling this and he is asking $100. I could maybe use my old boom assembly on this one
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fimco-countyline-40-gal-deluxe-spot-sprayer-5302939

Last edited:
I do believe those nozzles you have are 140° spray nozzles. The only way to really get more coverage would be to extend your boom. That pump should handle it ok.

You need your nozzles at 30-36 in. off the ground. And if you haven’t , ck the filter screens as they clog easily in these. Should have 2, one intake and another near pump. Also if older you may replace your ck valves w brass.
And you prob know but make sure you are running proper pressure on your gauge.
A fine mist is not a bad spray necessarily but you should get better coverage. Pump may also be giving out and you can buy replacement pumps.
Tractor supply Can have parts but mine is usually poorly stocked. You can google and order online. I don’t remember who I used in past.

I can definitely raise it up. I’m. It sure what my gauge is supposed to be at, but the pressure is good and not sporadic.

I replaced 3 nozzles with one $9 plastic from northern that puts the juice to it.

View attachment 18930

View attachment 18931

View attachment 18932

G
The only draw back I see with a cluster nozzle is sometime I like to spray, left, right or center only or a combination of the two. Like today. I spray trails. The trails themselves have a good grass bed to them but I like to spray the sides to keep them open. I couldn't do that with a cluster nozzle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ya those are soaker nozzles. I would go in high gear and soak an acre with 25 gallons in half the time it took with them other goof nozzles.

G

Back