Can you recommend an ATV sprayer?

bossgobbler

Good morning everyone! This site has been a tremendous help to me over the years. I read a lot of great information here. I don’t post much but I visit often and have found the information here to be valuable. Thank you for that!

I currently have a 25 gallon boom less Fimco ATV sprayer. When the tank is full the sprayer does a nice job and I like it. It’s a big problem when it isn’t full though. If it has 15 gallons or less in it it stops working well. The spray becomes sporadic and the loses pressure because the pump can’t pull the water through. I sometimes end up with 10-15 gallons in the tank of spray material that can’t be sprayed. I live in southeastern Ohio and need to spray on many uneven surfaces.

Can anyone recommend me a better ATV sprayer? I bought the Fimco sprayer at TSC. They said they’ll take it back and exchange it or return my money. I’m leaning toward another brand as I don’t believe this is an issue with that sprayer alone. I think it’s a problem with all their 25 gallon boomless sprayers.

I’m ready to buy a new one soon. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks everyone! Have a great week.

Well, I have a 25 gallon Fimco and I don’t have that problem. I often only mix 10 gallons or so if I’m spraying around the yard or spot spraying. I think I would try another and see if it works better before giving up on it. The only problem I have with mine is you can’t get the last pint or two out, but guys have solved that by making the drain hole into the suction. I plan to do that also, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I have the County Line TSC brand, I don't know who actually makes it, boomless ATV sprayer. I haven't had any problems with it and my experience is the same as Drycreek. May be a problem with your pump or siphon tube??? IDK

Have you checked your pickup tube for a crack or hole in it? Sounds to me that it does. I have a 25 gallon sprayer and spray some steep terrain and I only have a problem when the tank has a few gallons left. Does the pickup tube set in the bottom of the tank?

I would think even in steep terrain, you could pump it down to a gallon or two. Is your strainer clogged? Mine won't pump worth a flip if the screen at the bottom in-line just before the pump is clogged.

Thank you for the replies. I’ll take a look at the suction tube to see if it’s got a crack in it. I have an older model Fimco that did better than this one but I replaced it with this new one this summer. It does great for the first 10-15 gallons and then it sucks air and starts spitting before it stops spraying and I just need to shut it off. Hopefully it’s an easy fix or exchange. I always make sure to clean it well after each use. I take it apart, clean each piece, and let it dry before putting it back together. Thanks again for the help!

Check the inline filter screens and make sure clean. And as said, ck any line leaks. Should work better than that. Also the nozzles could be clogged.

Have you checked your pickup tube for a crack or hole in it? Sounds to me that it does. I have a 25 gallon sprayer and spray some steep terrain and I only have a problem when the tank has a few gallons left. Does the pickup tube set in the bottom of the tank?

This would be my guess as well. Will it start spraying again if you top it off?

Cropcare would be a better quality brand (for more money), here's a picture of my ATV sprayer with 13' folding booms.

13467_59d0835636c6f10cf94bee944fa619fe.jpg

Good morning everyone! This site has been a tremendous help to me over the years. I read a lot of great information here. I don’t post much but I visit often and have found the information here to be valuable. Thank you for that!

I currently have a 25 gallon boom less Fimco ATV sprayer. When the tank is full the sprayer does a nice job and I like it. It’s a big problem when it isn’t full though. If it has 15 gallons or less in it it stops working well. The spray becomes sporadic and the loses pressure because the pump can’t pull the water through. I sometimes end up with 10-15 gallons in the tank of spray material that can’t be sprayed. I live in southeastern Ohio and need to spray on many uneven surfaces.

Can anyone recommend me a better ATV sprayer? I bought the Fimco sprayer at TSC. They said they’ll take it back and exchange it or return my money. I’m leaning toward another brand as I don’t believe this is an issue with that sprayer alone. I think it’s a problem with all their 25 gallon boomless sprayers.

I’m ready to buy a new one soon. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks everyone! Have a great week.
Welcome to the forum!

I’ve had good luck with my Northstar brand of sprayer that you can get from Northern Tool. I have a 25 gallon boom less sprayer that I use in the back of my Honda Pioneer UTV. Nice thing about the NorthStar sprayers is they’re easy to get replacement parts if need be. Some other brand sprayers aren’t so easy to get parts for.

love my fimco boomless ate 25 galloon. got 2 ....looking at the larger UTV variant.. 65 gallon baby! My biggest problem is I need more water capability

I’ve had good luck with my Northstar brand of sprayer that you can get from Northern Tool. I have a 25 gallon boom less sprayer that I use in the back of my Honda Pioneer UTV. Nice thing about the NorthStar sprayers is they’re easy to get replacement parts if need be. Some other brand sprayers aren’t so easy to get parts for.
X2. They just redesigned the tank to be square too and have a shroud covering the pump. Did a lot of research before buying mine and everything pointed to the Northstar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back