Help with lease neighbors

Jbird5986

Hello everyone I used to hunt to much but life happened but now the kids are old enough and it’s their turn. My problem is we have 10 acres to hunt and live there are deer but seldom at daytime and to make it worse I’m surrounded by 3 large tracts of land each with 1 person leasing it and all 3 have a stand within 200 yards of mine. Earlier in the year I asked them about letting us in they basically said no and you better not be trespassing.These are not people that are reasonable I think there was som animosity with the previous owner of this land whom i never met.So my deer are scared off and I’m a little worried about friendly fire.I know the actual property owners and my wife is ok with me buying out all 3 leases next year but we don’t need that much land and then their will be no hope of those guys ever being friendly.All suggestions welcome

First, nothing you described indicates the leases are being unreasonable. If they are paying to lease the land, it is not unreasonable to post it and expect exclusive access. With only 10 acres, you can't expect much.

If you have the opportunity to lease that land from the owners in future years, I would do just that. If you only control 10 acres, you are at the mercy of the neighbors.

I lease 80 acres and the first thing I did when I got it was look into the Land Records to see who owned the land around me. Turns out it was just two families.
I wrote letters to both men and one responded and we have kept in touch now for years. He owns about 300 acres that fit around me on 3 sides. The other had 120 acres and has never responded to me at all. That guy must of gave 4 sons or grandsons each 5 acres and their names are now listed on those plots. The first year they were all about it and even put up signs and the one guy sat in his truck facing down the entry lane. I saw him there at dark one nigh and tried to speak to him but he took off like a shot. 2-3 years later and almost never see them now.

Point is some Neighbors will work with you and some will not. Just Human Nature I guess.

That's a pain in the ass situation no doubt, all the land that is around my boundary lines, never met them never even have seen anyone there, although on the longest side my eastern property line, it's all railroad property, no hunting there, my west, south, and west, nobody, no house's, nothing but woods and wildlife, this past Friday I shot a 8 pointer he made it over the fence and another 200 yds didn't have to worry like your situation, but hey if you can and financially able that will slow the scared deer down and give your family more opportunity to hunt safely, I let this jack ass friend of mine come hunt my place a few years ago, I walked him around, showed him where to go and not to go, this your 5 acres to hunt, this is my 7 acres, I told this guy, DO NOT hunt my 7, well the very next day there he was hunting where I told him not to, had him on 2 of my cameras, his hunting privileges were terminated,

Back