Easton Hunting Arrows

SoDakHunter

I'm looking for new hunting arrows to use and I am looking mainly at Easton arrows.. I have been interested in the Axis and FMJ arrows. Also I've seen Easton axis FMJ. Is this just a combination of both arrows? Any thoughts on any of these arrows or any other Easton arrows that you recommend? (I shoot a 29", with a 60 pound draw weight)

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I shot FMJ's in my last rig because i wanted a heavy arrow and liked them alot. Penetration was always good. When i built my new rig this i went with the easton Hexx and a brass hit insert. Hexx is a lighter arrow but with the brass insert I am shooting about the same total arrow weight but with greater FOC.

When i look for arrows i start with what fits best for my draw and poundage and go from there.

FMJs are a good, straight .oo1 arrow. It just depends on the type of setup you are looking for.

I like Axis a lot. I've shot them or the Beman equivalent (same company) for several years. I make "collars" from aluminum arrows for front and back, making them close to indestructible. FMJ's are great too, but can still bend, ruining the arrow if anything solid is encountered. Weight can be increased with brass inserts if needed. Not a lot to improve upon.

I shoot FMJ out of my main hunting bow and Axis out of my backup bow. Tough arrows and the small diameter contributes to great penetration. You can't go wrong with either. I wanted to get ACC's but couldn't find them locally and some are even discontinued.

After having a bow failure which resulted in a carbon express arrow literally blow up and shower myself and the shooter next to me with pieces, coupled with a family friend who failed to notice one of this Benjamin arrows (speculate) had a hairline crack which resulted in the arrow splitting upon release and half going into this forearm wrist area I switched to the ACC's as I wanted the aluminum "insurance". I thought they (the ACC's) were discontinued and shot the FMJ and liked them, can't go wrong with them but then found out Cabela's has the Easton ACC's under their private label, Cabela's Instinct™ ACComplice, so that is what I have been shooting again and happy as can be.

Gold tip kinetics

I used to shoot FMJ. My archery shop claimed if you shoot a lot -which I do - the FMJ can loose their spine. Don't know if it's true but I had a hard time patterning broadheads

300 kinetics are 10.4 gpi. Small diameter, huge punch. Here is my antelope I shot at 35 yards. 70lb draw weight, 29". Rage went through bottom of the shoulder blade. The animal fell within 70 yards

Attachments

• IMG_6473.JPG
    IMG_6473.JPG
    896.5 KB · Views: 0
I shot Axis for a couple years. They penetrated well. I felt they were not as tough as the GT Hunter Pros I'd shot for years. Also, I had more cull arrows ( arrows that would not hit to the same point of impact even after twisting nocks) in a dozen arrows than I did with the Pros. For deer, the extra penetration offered very little so I switched the bow back to GT Pros. Just my experience. It's possible I got a a bad couple dozen arrows. I never jumped on the FMJ or ACC bandwagon because of cost. Let us know what you decide and your experience with them.

My previous bow setup I shot the Axis arrows and had great luck with them. Only issue I had with them was in order to get them to group well I had to cut them shorter than my usual arrow length.

I'm now using the 6mm Full Metal Jacket arrows and highly recommend them to you to try. You won't get the velocity out of these like you do the Axis, but you'll gain the kinetic energy needed to punch through a deer. I never had the issues of having trouble tuning fixed broadheads like others mentioned.

We have used the easton FMJ on cape buffalo and had full penetration exited the other side they are very reliable and accurate

Attachments

• IMG-20170406-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20170406-WA0019.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 0
I have been using the Easton Axis since 2004. I started using them with my Mathews Outback and when I switched to my new bow in 2014 the Mathews Creed XS I used the same arrows I had been using since 2004. They still perform the same as the day I bought them. I am really satisfied with them. My son bought his Mathews No Cam last year and he got the Axis also.

If you do not own a compound bow nor have access to one, you’ll need to follow the draw length calculation method outlined in this article. This approach is surprisingly accurate and very rarely delivers inaccurate results. The alternative is to visit an archery pro-shop in your area and have them measure draw length for you, though I understand this is not possible for everyone.

Back