Dwarf chinkapin oak

Here's a picture of my haul off one DCO in my yard. The one I've shown pictures of before. I had such good luck getting seedlings from this tree this summer, that I am going to plant all these in pots this next year and produce seedlings. Then sell them for $1 each if anybody wants some.
2020 DCO Acorns.jpg.

For those of you that asked, the acorns are in pots. Waiting to see what we get. Will keep you posted

Here’s mine this year. It’s a little bit further along in leafing out it looks like than yours LLC. It had blooms all over it as well. Hopefully that means more acorns this year. I’m ready for a bumper crop. Last year I was able to harvest five.

bfa24722bedf3861198d97a63c4bd914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two other DCO near it but they are only in their third growing season so it will be a while before they will be able to contribute anything to the cause.

Matt

The pic on the left came up on the Timehop app on my phone today and I thought I’d go out and take another one of the DCO to show where it’s at growth wise and compare the two. So here they are, pic taken at roughly the same angle at roughly the same distance. Even though it says three years ago on top of the pic Timehop counts the current year so obviously only two years of growth have elapsed since the pic on the left was taken.

2840bce5b8a28572f8615617f6b71b4f.jpg

I just put in 50 this weekend, into a recent cut that the deer should stay out of until we can tube them.

Back