Dakota brand Clethodim label question

F12Mahon

I was reading the label and saw this
"For use on: Alfalfa, Asparagus, Bean and Pea (dry shelled)1, Bean and Pea (Succulent)2, Broccoli,
Cabbage, Canola, Carrot, Cauliflower (and other Head and Stem Brassica Vegetables)3, Celery, Clover
(grown in Idaho, Oregon and Washington only)
, Conifers,..."​
Is this saying it is approved for clover only in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington and I can't use it in Illinois? Or does it mean for clover seed produced in those three states? Any other brands have that have that restriction?

Here is a link to the label.
http://www.rotamnorthamerica.com/us-product/cropproducts/herbicides/DAKOTA/

Eugene

Use it! All cleth basically says the same on their labels. And most seed is produced in the areas referred to so I am sure it has something to do with seed vitality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the others - spray away. I am going to be brutally honest here.....except for the mixing concentrations and need of surfactants.......I don't even read labels any more. Only reason I even look for those is in case the % of active ingredient changes and thus you have to adjust how much you apply. Other than that - I spray gly (generic brand) to kill everything, cleth (again generic brand) to kill grasses and it's lord knows what to kill broad leaves (2,4-D of some sort or crossbow or crossroad products!!!! Maybe that isn't being a good steward.....but we tend to grossly complicate things as it is.....and my life is complicated enough!

I use Select2EC brand clethodium, the label doesn't mention any states. Mix with a dab of Thunder for broadleaf control in clover. (Thunder is a bit expensive for food plotting)

Use it! All cleth basically says the same on their labels. And most seed is produced in the areas referred to so I am sure it has something to do with seed vitality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just trying top get my post count up....

Actually, the labeling has a cost associated with it. Testing fees. Registration fees and everything associated with getting a blessing for the particular herbicide / insecticide. So far as clethodium and clover is concerned, the seed end of the business is where the money is making all the bureaucratic bs worthwhile. Seed growers are more concerned with keeping grasses and other weeds out of the seed field to keep the seed quality (free of weed seeds.

The rest of us don't even make a blip on the ag chem company radar.

Back