Crossbows...

Arrogance reminds me of Pope on the old forum who was either high or drunk during most his posts. Perhaps this guy is a distant relative. There were some parts of his statements I could've agreed with but his put down attitude, or just stir things up motives, wouldn't allow me to give him that moment. I did like how each of his thread morphed in to other subjects like football. Livened up a quite January, give him that.

I am sure that corn piles produce some big bucks and I have a feeder with a camera on it 24/7 365 but if I do get pics of a mature buck it's rare.I just think that if you can shoot 100 yards during bow season which usually is during rut that mature bucks will be shot that would never be with a vertical bow and that the main reason able bodied people hunt with them is because they are easier to shoot and you can use a scope to shoot further

I firmly believe that if Bowriter could eat a piece of humble pie (whatever that means) that he would be a great addition to the forum and that he would find it enjoyable and through interactions with all on the forum would continue to learn about his apparently favorite pastime just as we all do.

More like a 4 course meal of humble hors d’oeuvres, caesar salad, roast beast, and like 3 pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I know to be fact:
1-For the hunter who has been shooting a vertical bow, they are a handicap.
2-I am no more accurate nor can I shoot any farther with a crossbow than with a compound.
3-You do not need to practice much with crossbow.
4- You do not have to draw a crossbow.
5--You cannot shoot behind you in most cases, with a crossbow.
6- Crossbows are heavy, loud and bulky.
7- Crossbows are not the end of hunting.
8- Yes, you can kill a deer at 100-yards with a crossbow...and with a compound.
Facts??? I only agree with #6 7 and 8 (although 8 is definitely easier with a crossbow)

Back