Cold feet?

I have an old pair of Lacrosse extreme PFT boots. I have sat in sub-zero temps for hours on end, and my feet were fine. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore, and once I wear these out, I will be searching for something different.

When it's that cold I hunt in a shootin house with heaters.
I have heard good reviews about these :
View attachment 5034

I've seen them at an Army Surplus store for $50-$60.
I've the same pair of micky mouse boots since the late 1980's. Warmer than any other boot I've ever had on (including some that cost several hundred dollars). Wear in conjunction with a pair of moisture wicking socks and a pair of wader socks that go up to my crotch.
I've tried a lot of things; battery socks, hand warmer packets, expensive boots, tons of different socks, etc. This is the only system that works for my sensitive toes.

I like a 100 percent wool sock, loose fitting in an oversized boot. Keep in mind that a reason for cold feet is the transfer of cold from whatever you're standing on. A good cold weather boot has many layers between your feet and the ground. A thick mat or pad under your feet helps tremendously.
Very true. If you have the room in your boots, felt or thinsulate insoles help with this a lot.

I've the same pair of micky mouse boots since the late 1980's. Warmer than any other boot I've ever had on (including some that cost several hundred dollars). Wear in conjunction with a pair of moisture wicking socks and a pair of wader socks that go up to my crotch.
I've tried a lot of things; battery socks, hand warmer packets, expensive boots, tons of different socks, etc. This is the only system that works for my sensitive toes.

I agree on the Mickey boots. They are just about too cumbersome to climb in, though. I use mine for ice fishing, and keep my feet warm.

I've tried a lot of different methods and products to keep my feet warm.......electric socks, boots with tons of insulation, arctic shield boot blankets etc......I learned several years ago to start off by spraying my feet with anti-perspirant, especially between the toes.....nearly impossible to keep sweaty feet warm. That combined with loose fitting boots and good wicking socks......maybe a chemical foot warmer if it's really cold......has pretty much fixed my cold feet problem.

Back