Chinesse Chestnuts

Chad.findlay

Hi everyone this is my first post and I just found the site and wow I love it. With that said last aeason my local County had a tree sale and they had Chinesse Chestnuts and I purchased 30 of them and they are all doing great. This year I wanted ro plant another 100 but they were left off the sale. Any source of cheap rootstock?

My planting last year were as follows:

30 Chineese Chestnuts
20 Red Oak
20 White Oak
30 White Oak
100 Red Dogwoods
100 High Bush Cranberries
45 Terinio Crabapples
2 Bartlet Pear
8 other apples.

I don't see how in the world folks can plant so many trees. I love to grow them, but HATE to plant them. LOL. One suggestion I would make is to find one of the guys on here that has chestnut trees, get some nuts from them this fall, and start your own trees. Lots of fun watching them grow.

I don't see how in the world folks can plant so many trees. I love to grow them, but HATE to plant them. LOL. One suggestion I would make is to find one of the guys on here that has chestnut trees, get some nuts from them this fall, and start your own trees. Lots of fun watching them grow.

That would’nt be a bad idea if anyone is willing to help someone out?
I used a sibble bar for all the Red Dogwoods,cranberries,

The cheapest I'm aware of is the wildlife group in Alabama. I think the regular care root Chinese chestnuts are $2 a piece.

Wildlife group for chinese chestnut, $2-3 for three foot, for one year old. They grow fast! Some i planted 4 years ago are 12-14 feet tall and two inches at base. Still havent produced nuts, but maybe this year.

Back