Carter's E-Z Hitch

Drycreek

image.jpeg First, I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company, so this is more in the order of a PSA. I know lots of us own tractors and some may be looking for a quick way to hook up to various implements.

I've bought, and broken, two sets of the Field Tuff quick hitches in the last three years. Hint: they ain't tuff ! These are the hitches that fit on the ends of your lift arms. There are other brands, the Pat's variety comes to mind, but both of these brands involve set screws, springs, and unfortunately they are cast. Well, while looking for a replacement product I ran across the E-Z Hitch from Carter and Son. Made from real steel, mounts with one pin in each arm, fits like a glove, no springs or trip levers, but best of all, it doesn't set your implement back 5 or 6 inches. That's worth the change in itself to me. With the "Field Tuff", my front tractor wheels would pop up when going up a hill or sometimes changing gears. My PTO shaft was so stretched on my seeder that I couldn't lower it under about chest high for fear of separating the drive shaft, so all my seed and fertilizer had to be lfted up about shoulder height to pour it in my spreader. These new hitches solved all that, plus my spray rig has more slack in the hoses, so they're not stretched any more. The pic was taken after I had just put them on, the keeper pins that keep your implement on weren't in place yet. Takes about a minute to put both on or take both off.

I haven't used them much yet, but I think they are gonna last a long time, probably longer than me.

I bought an I-match quick hitch when I bought my machine and quickly discovered that I was screwed! I sold it and got what I paid for it, but with all the different configurations of implements it's tough to find something that truly fits everything without either messing with it or actual alterations. Most of what I mess with is smaller stuff so I can push and pull a little to get it to do as I need

I have the quick hitch that does move the equipment back some and I have to take off for post hole digger and 3pt spreader.Several of my other implements I had to move the connection points so that I could attach to them

I have the quick hitch that does move the equipment back some and I have to take off for post hole digger and 3pt spreader.Several of my other implements I had to move the connection points so that I could attach to them

I've already spread some fertilizer with the new hitches installed. No problem ! I can lower it without the PTO shaft separating and pouring in fertilizer is so much easier. I can back up to my shredder, disc, and cultipacker, lift the arms, get off and connect the top link and pin the implement in a couple minutes. Of course I could do that with the other ones also, but they didn't last.

Can you update a photograph or two with some of the implements attached. I am seriously considering getting some of these. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you update a photograph or two with some of the implements attached. I am seriously considering getting some of these. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will do that as soon as I go back to my place, which will be in the next 2/3 days. If I had sense enough I'd post a video of it. :)

I picked my tractor up this morning and noticed that the pipe/pin that holds the hitch on was bent on the end. I picked up a couple top link pins from TSC and replaced the others that came with the hitch.

Last edited:
Back