Bull Pen, Mandy Hollow and Cari's Corner

Nice shed and nice flock of turkey! This is a busy time of year! Looking forward to hunting success pics. :)

lak...Always cool to find a shed from one of your target bucks! That's a nice 'un. Youth turkey season opened 2 weeks ago. Regular season starts this coming Saturday. Gonna be chasing gobblers.

It's the little things that makes one smile. I was mowing and clearing some brush at the Bull Pen today and saw this on several Sawtooth Oaks. Last year was a "nada" crop for acorns but things are looking good for this year

splDkvw.jpg

And now for the Good Stuff!
I recently took an 8 day trip to Vermont. While there I had to wear warm clothes and marvel that they still had snow. Not so for my tomatoes that were left at home and farm to deal with perfect growing conditions. This year they are showing out!

At the Lake....
tsRPnUR.jpg

iqqD249.jpg

At the Farm....
lKGfuY7.jpg

JqfDt0W.jpg

YES, I have way too many plants. But I love it. At one point I had 290 plants growing in and around my greenhouse. Gave a ton away and almost all are in the ground somewhere now.

Hydrangheas are loving the weather too
FpSyMSG.jpg

WUJg3SY.jpg

I recently took an 8 day trip to Vermont. While there I had to wear warm clothes and marvel that they still had snow. Not so for my tomatoes that were left at home and farm to deal with perfect growing conditions. This year they are showing out!

At the Lake....
tsRPnUR.jpg

iqqD249.jpg

At the Farm....
lKGfuY7.jpg

JqfDt0W.jpg

YES, I have way too many plants. But I love it. At one point I had 290 plants growing in and around my greenhouse. Gave a ton away and almost all are in the ground somewhere now.

FpSyMSG.jpg

WUJg3SY.jpg

Looks awesome Lak

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

At the Lake....
tsRPnUR.jpg

iqqD249.jpg

At the Farm....
lKGfuY7.jpg

JqfDt0W.jpg

FpSyMSG.jpg

WUJg3SY.jpg

Amazingly beautiful

You sure have a green thumb Lakn and put in a lot of hard work. You should go to market with that fresh stuff, I'm sure a local resturant would jump on some of those Matters. Only so many one can eat you know.

You sure have a green thumb Lakn and put in a lot of hard work. You should go to market with that fresh stuff, I'm sure a local resturant would jump on some of those Matters. Only so many one can eat you know.

You are right. I give a TON away and make a lot of friends in the summertime.
Sold four boxes last year. That vendor wants more this year and another closer to the lake wants some. He thinks those Birmingham folks driving to the lake will get addicted to Cherokee Purple heirlooms.
The one issue with them is they are ripe before fully red (aka purple) and SO juicy. They are not shipping maters that will bounce off the floor!

At the Lake....
tsRPnUR.jpg

iqqD249.jpg

At the Farm....
lKGfuY7.jpg

JqfDt0W.jpg

FpSyMSG.jpg

WUJg3SY.jpg
Those are some good looking hydrangeas! I've always thought they were a beautiful plant.

Love It When a Plan Comes Together!!
Forum members who have followed my endeavors for awhile (back to old forum) will remember the saga of all those little acorns that I babied in my green house, hardened thru the summer of 2012, and put plants in the ground in January 2013. Periodically I have posted progress of the trees, always ending with a hope of acorn production soon.
Well Soon is Here! I planted at least 200 trees and more than 60% are doing well today. But at least three have reached production stage. So an acorn in January 2012 and acorn production in July 2019. Not bad. Obviously I am excited

0d1fVLz.jpg

lSzBmbT.jpg

TKJYBzr.jpg

Wow Lak you should be and I'm sure proud as a peacock with growing, nursing, and making those happen. And yes I remember these and more from your old forum thread. Congrats. Hows the fields renovations going??

How tall are those sawtooth? Congrats on your success.

I remember you greenhouse setup - used some of your ideas to get mine built. I think my 55% shade cloth is one of the best decisions I made along with electricity and water.

Your deer herd will get fat cleaning up the sawtooth acorns.

Wayne

WOW...has it been that long since an update?
Jack and I got some food plots planted last Saturday and noticed the deer have ENJOYED a great season of saw tooth acorns.
I think maybe the boys will have a chance at a decent buck this year, along with some tasty does

PICT5209-101-5209.JPG PICT6632-101-6632.JPG spypoint.jpg (3).jpg spypoint.jpg (1).jpg spypoint.jpg (4).jpg spypoint.jpg (2).jpg PICT6705-101-6705.JPG spypoint.jpg.jpg

Back