Bull Pen, Mandy Hollow and Cari's Corner

Looking good. That JD is a beast! I fertilized my brown top millet today. Little late as it has started to seed, but only so much time when you are a weekend warrior. Mowed my hunting plots last week....will be a few weeks more before I get serious about planting them. Show some bone!!

Great to have neighbors that join in and especially if they have some good equipment. You sure work hard for those grandpups.:)

The neighbor is a Cyber Security professor at the University and wannabe farmer. Has horses, donkeys, few cows,etc. Recently I was at farm and he texted me the pictures below. I went over and we began plans to get the bucket off the calf. He tried in the field but I explained we had to get them in the barn. I was in my dad's old Chevy S10 and got an old walking/cow cow stick that my dad had used for many years. Sturdy stick with the curved handle. Once we got the calf in the barn, I handed him the stick. He hooked the bucket and lifted it off. We set the cow and calf free and he handed me the cane. I said "No, I think my dad would want you to have it"
Couple weeks later I was at his place. He showed me the cane that he had stained a dark charcoal and rubbed with oil. He said it hangs just inside his back door.

-74013117453312322430.0.jpg -47086866655956747160.0.jpg

The cattle cane looks something like this

Attachments

• cane.JPG
    cane.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
  • cane.JPG
    cane.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Unbelievable Lak but you just can't make this stuff up! And I thought canes were just for people use.

What do yall think? Is this my best side?
PICT4262-101-4262.JPG

Let me tell you young man. They plant some good stuff around here this time of the year! Enjoy
PICT4263-101-4263.JPG

twIaCOb.jpg

Last edited:
It still feels like summertime in Old Dixie, so my daughter and her family came for one last weekend at the Lake. Water felt great, had some fun pulling grandkids on the tube, and we had to take the mandatory "Synchronized Jumping" picture
jump0.jpeg

Of course, the kids do it a lot better when they don't have to wait on Ol' Poppa
jump1.jpeg

Great pics lak! Looks like the extended heat wave across the deep south has un upside...swimming in October.

The food plots are looking good this year. The deer are hammering the Oats and Wheat. I thought I had more food than deer but this whole patch has been chewed on
8Re7Cqe.jpg

rUANVMG.jpg

WELL, this one is being chewed on a little TOO MUCH. Same song as last year, and the year before that, and.....
Tks7YX1.jpg

You and those cows Lak. Seemed to always have this issue. Hope they don’t eat much and your freezer is big enough for the beef. I know having hunted cattle farms how fun it is to have the herd park under your tree while hunting. Always used to watch them and wonder how hard it be to drag one to the truck. Good luck w your season. Plots look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and those cows Lak. Seemed to always have this issue. Hope they don’t eat much and your freezer is big enough for the beef. I know having hunted cattle farms how fun it is to have the herd park under your tree while hunting. Always used to watch them and wonder how hard it be to drag one to the truck. Good luck w your season. Plots look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always a great hunt to be in a 4x4 shooting house and have a BIG cow with an itch! What a ride when she uses the corners of the shooting house to scratch!

Always a great hunt to be in a 4x4 shooting house and have a BIG cow with an itch! What a ride when she uses the corners of the shooting house to scratch!
That's hilarious! Were you questioning your craftsmanship at that point? LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enjoying your thread Lak. Love the dock jumping picture;looks like it was so fun and a great way to salute the passing of summer and the entrance of fall. And your buck pictures look fantastic; Lake Martin looks to be a great place to live, and hunt and fish. That is one of many things I like about this forum and especially the Property Tours section; we all get to see places far away from us from a true local perspective. It is really great!

Back