best deer blind windows

I would make but dang unless you have all the free time you can't hardly buy good windows and material for the price. I looked at a new blind I hadn't seen before that looked pretty impressive.www.betterwayoutdoors.com this price includes shipping so I wonder what they cost if you pick up

I would make but dang unless you have all the free time you can't hardly buy good windows and material for the price. I looked at a new blind I hadn't seen before that looked pretty impressive.www.betterwayoutdoors.com this price includes shipping so I wonder what they cost if you pick up
Hmmm that might be one to research more. We have family that lives 30 mins south of where they are based out of..... Niota, IL. Might have to offer to let them come hunt here if they will haul me a blind with them. LOL

My handyman, actually I’ve not found anything he cannot do well, and I are building a blind tomorrow. I have a little over $300 in the windows, and my guy says he can build the blind for $500. That includes all treated lumber and me furnishing the outside metal (which I had leftover from roofing the house). We are putting foam board on the inside and I have carpet (left over from recarpeting the house). 😁 The blind will be 5.5’ X 5.5’ and tall enough to stand up in, probably 7’ at the front And 6.75’ at the back. The corners will be 8’ 4 X 4s and will extend under the stand 8” or so. I find this a good compromise in height to get it off the ground enough that animals don’t want to den under it, but with a concrete block to step up on it’s not hard to get into. It will be on a food plot so extra height isn’t needed. I don’t care how heavy it is because I’ll handle it with my tractor. I just care that it’s strong, dry, varmint proof, insect proof, and comfortable. I can stay in it longer that way !

Hmmm that might be one to research more. We have family that lives 30 mins south of where they are based out of..... Niota, IL. Might have to offer to let them come hunt here if they will haul me a blind with them. LOL
I think they said free shipping so I would have them bring all the way.I wonder if they deduct anything if picked up.There must be a dealer just north of me as this is where I saw the other day

The best blinds I have are home-made using insulated garage door panels. They serve as the structure and insulation. Haven't found any you can buy that are better.

We use double slider windows, like I put in my pole barn. They are hard to find.

If anyone has a line on double-faced, insulated, garage door panels, let me know! I'm out and need to acquire another load.

Attachments

• 20180915_103556_2.jpg
    20180915_103556_2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
The best blinds I have are home-made using insulated garage door panels. They serve as the structure and insulation. Haven't found any you can buy that are better.

We use double slider windows, like I put in my pole barn. They are hard to find.

If anyone has a line on double-faced, insulated, garage door panels, let me know! I'm out and need to acquire another load.
How is the cost on those?

Mine will look like this. I’m putting a 48” window in the front and 24” windows in each side. The side windows will be mounted toward the front because I don’t care to look behind me. This is what they look like, but this pic is from their website, not my blind. The cost for three windows was a little over $300. They are sliders, but they will easily lift completely out to give you the whole opening if you desire.IMG_4063.jpeg

Back