Bags of Seed, how long will it keep “good”?

Deadeye

Hey guys looking for your opinions.

I had bought 50 lbs of both Wheat and Oats and two 6 lb bags of Clover to use in my September Fall Plot Plantings.

Then the Hurricane Ida hit that weekend on us and I had to cancel.

Planned another trip few weeks later for an Early October Planting and my Wife was in an Accident and I had to cancel in route and return.

I seriously doubt at this point I will be able to get up to plant this fall at all now, since I am helping Moma with At Home Healthcare and can not leave for several weeks at the earliest.

Is the Seed still going to be Good to plant this Spring or is it a Total Loss at this point.

I have never bought Seed and not used it within a short period of time before.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ what he said. Sounds like may be too much to keep in frig, but I have kept smaller quantities in frig for long time.
Hope your wife continues to improve

^^^ what he said. Sounds like may be too much to keep in frig, but I have kept smaller quantities in frig for long time.
Hope your wife continues to improve
A non-humid basement is ideal. Fridge isn't necessary. I'd be slightly worried that may dry it out.

I have a storm room in my shop and I’ve kept seed in it from fall to fall before. Some MRC is three years old and it germinated fine this year. Wheat and other grains don’t do as well but I’m sure the Texas humidity has an effect on that.

Thanks guys.

I put it all in my one bedroom I use as my hunting stuff room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back