Another benefit of planting for deer

I dont have that many doves in my last years wheat - but I count on it to have doves for hunting season. This is my recipe for success at my place - a few corn feeders set to feed a small amount of corn about 9:00 am so not many of the night critters eat it. Doves will feed on the corn before wheat matures. Once wheat matures, doves move in on it. So do deer, hogs, and coons. I have two five acre fields side by side I rotate wheat and browntop millet. I plant millet so it matures about the first of Aug and as the wheat plays out, doves move to the millet. I spray my wheat after it matures to keep it clean.

WOW. That’s the most doves I’ve ever seen. You burn it at some point or mow it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the doves left that day when Tropical Storm Elsa came through, but there are still some. When my new tractor arrives (previous one caught on fire in May), I’m going to bush hog then spray then burn. I’m also putting out cracked corn now and will switch to silage chopping standing corn when the field corn is mature.

Most of the doves left that day when Tropical Storm Elsa came through, but there are still some. When my new tractor arrives (previous one caught on fire in May), I’m going to bush hog then spray then burn. I’m also putting out cracked corn now and will switch to silage chopping standing corn when the field corn is mature.
What model tractor are you buying? Did you order a new one?

I predict that you will get addicted that cab. As much as I like the feel of being close to nature when tilling soil with an open station tractor, I don't miss having dirt in every crack and crevice of your body.

I’ll go you one better. I guarantee he’ll become addicted to that cab. :)

just watching that video makes my trigger finger twitch, and my shoulder start to tingle

oh and my mouth to water and stomach growl for dove poppers

I’m in love with this new tractor. The upgrade from the 75e to the 75m is tremendous - not just because of the cab. The engine, transmission, and hydraulics are all more powerful, and I can tell. I also love the hand controls in the cab. Being able to adjust the PTO and throttle without moving my hand made spraying yesterday much easier than it used to be.

The cab with AC and radio make tractor work in the summer fun again.

I pull a Great Plains 706NT, heavy duty 7 foot disk, 10 foot bush hog, 10 foot perfecta. It handles them easily. The 65 hp kubota I was using while waiting for the 75m could barely handle the same equipment.

Back