Air Compressor for the Farm?

deer patch

I've been thinking about getting a small portable air compressor to air up tires if needed for tractor or trailer. I really want one that is quite. What brand do you recommend?

I just have a cheap Campbell/hausfeld. I have had it for about 15 years with no issues. Not super quiet but it works well...

14d2dbe3cbd950b3836535eb00dd54d6.jpg

I have the ridgid tri stack 5gal. It replaced my 60gal and will work harder and longer and is portable. By far of the of the best compressor on the market. Pretty much can run anything i ever use ie air tools and paint sprayer.

I have one very similar to the Campbell Hausfeld model pictured above but a different brand which escapes me at the moment. I use it to blow out the PVC pipe system that is set up to feed my pond. This winterizes the lines and prevents them from freezing. I also use it to blow off the chaff from the radiator screen on my Kubota. It is NOT quiet. It does the job very well and I have had it for 25 years.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Kubota...I have the came one you posted at the house and it is very noisy but gets the job done.

Kabic...Thanks for posting about the California compressor. I found one online at Home Depot for the same price as the Campbell Hausfeld so I think I'll order one of those.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Kubota...I have the came one you posted at the house and it is very noisy but gets the job done.

Kabic...Thanks for posting about the California compressor. I found one online at Home Depot for the same price as the Campbell Hausfeld so I think I'll order one of those.

Hope it works good for you. I don't remember where I heard about them, but it was probably one of the tractor forums I read.

I've been thinking about getting a small portable air compressor to air up tires if needed for tractor or trailer. I really want one that is quite. What brand do you recommend?
It all depends what you are going to be doing with it....if it is solely to air up tires, I would get me a automotive tire inflator from Advance Auto Parts: $12.99.
10294832_bee_221305008_pri_mini.jpg

I have had a Craftsman for 20 years. It is definitely one of the handiest things on the farm. I couldn't get by without one. Don't get a small one. If you are running larger tools like impact wrenches a larger tank won't need to run the whole time. Air ratchets are nothing but handy. You can put together a ladder stand in a jiffy.

If airing tires and blowing off chaff and dust is all that's needed, a cheap pancake compressor will be fine. I'm about to get one for my riverbottom property. Any big projects get done at my house where the air tools and a big compressor reside. A small compressor can run air tools in a pinch.

Thanks for all the reply's. I'm in no hurry to buy a compressor so keep the comments coming. I have a bigger compressor I can take to the farm if needed but i would rather have one at both farms.

Back