After 11 yrs of open canopy tractor…

Triple C

…finally stepped up to a cab tractor - JD 5085. No more swatting stinging creatures n such. A local guy got out of the hay business and was able to take advantage of a good deal on a well maintained low hour tractor. Pleased to report the AC n heater work just fine! Now I just need to find a good deal on a bat wing mower n maybe a Woods seeder.
52A56460-C6C2-4E38-B70D-479273A9FCB8.jpeg EEC7DC83-8D8C-4AD5-B266-3E6B25232110.jpeg

That’s great! I would love to be able to use a cab tractor but in my profession it’s just not feasible. It would be broken glass for days for me...

…finally stepped up to a cab tractor - JD 5085. No more swatting stinging creatures n such. A local guy got out of the hay business and was able to take advantage of a good deal on a well maintained low hour tractor. Pleased to report the AC n heater work just fine! Now I just need to find a good deal on a bat wing mower n maybe a Woods seeder.
View attachment 23096 View attachment 23097
You have just graduated to a whole new level! (although there is something about being close to nature raking hay on a nice fresh day on an open station tractor that cab tractor operators will never experience). But being in a dust free environment is especially important to those like me who have allergy issues. The numbers of older farmers who have farmers lung (COPD) is an alarming statistic; farmers account for more than 30 percent of adults disabled by respiratory illness.
That’s great! I would love to be able to use a cab tractor but in my profession it’s just not feasible. It would be broken glass for days for me...
You're right, with several cab machines I've had my share of broken glass to fix, it goes along with the territory. Thinking defensively about the glass and taking more care helps avoid those dreaded glass exploding noises. For myself it's worth it to be breathing clean air, especially when spraying food plots with herbicide.

Appreciate the comments guys. I was thrilled to find it. Had just put my name on the waiting list at the local Kubota dealer for a new one with a few more HP. Call it fate, luck or divine destiny...this one comes up for sale right down the road from the house less than a week after putting my name on the waiting list. Always nice to save a little money.

Appreciate the comments guys. I was thrilled to find it. Had just put my name on the waiting list at the local Kubota dealer for a new one with a few more HP. Call it fate, luck or divine destiny...this one comes up for sale right down the road from the house less than a week after putting my name on the waiting list. Always nice to save a little money.
And it was even the right color. If I'd have my choices I'd have a JD, but the price point drove me to a NH.

Dude, you have lost your mind! LOL. I’d have that cab knocked off a tractor at my place in less than a week. Heck, I can’t even keep lights and grills on the one I have now!!

Just a FYI, around a hunting land, that bucket will be in the way more times than it ain’t.

Congrats TC, tractor work is so much more comfortable this way. Yes, there a couple plots that require no cab, but it’s worth it.

Dude, you have lost your mind! LOL. I’d have that cab knocked off a tractor at my place in less than a week. Heck, I can’t even keep lights and grills on the one I have now!!

Just a FYI, around a hunting land, that bucket will be in the way more times than it ain’t.
No worries…Big Orange ain’t going nowhere. For that matter, Lil Red Branson ain’t going nowhere either. Each got their use. Big green gonna be doing a lot of mowing at new place.

Kubota M4800 is a workhorse. And that 2005 Branson 4720 been the same. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend either. But that JD 5085 with the cab gonna be nice with a batwing behind it and no worries of dust or stinging critters.
95F5F337-6AB7-43A5-9D5C-5EEAF0A6C0C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Added a batwing to make mowing here at the new place a lil faster. 12 ft heavy duty Land Pride. Prolly 2 to 3 weeks out from first mowing. Color ain’t gonna match the green tractor.
4C31CE04-FBD5-4EEB-BC2C-6B69F88AF23C.jpeg EC321249-AE9D-4503-A58E-8AB150CDD002.jpeg

Back