2023 Shed Antler Thread

Nice I haven't looked yet as 95% of mine are still carrying

We have plenty carrying, but I saw this buck with one antler a week and a half ago. Thought he was worth going in for. . This is that one antler. No luck on the match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4 points are 68+. Right at 70 with the sticker. Big frame.

b5c9864ac340b9955b40ccacf254be50.jpg

So little man found this one a while back. A buck we had on camera during the rut and never again until the night he shed this antler.

7-1/2 miles today. Having places to shed hunt that I can’t hunt is a blessing and a curse. It’s a blessing because nobody else can hunt there either and it gives the bucks a chance to get old. And big! It’s a curse because once in a while you find a shed and wonder what it would be like to hunt him the following year knowing it can never happen….
ee503007ec08d649f0b3c184df6786c9.jpg

Want to hunt the property? Do what I did. Buy it. I had a neighbor who owned 100 acres of land across the road from me. He wouldn't allow me to hunt there but we were somewhat friends. I caught word he was having financial problems so I approached him about buying the land. We worked up a deal and three days later we had the closing on the property. When we left the lawyers office he remarked this was a win win for him. I asked him, "How's that"? He said, "It was my land and I got paid for it but I can still hunt there". I looked at him and told him, "If I catch you on there, and I will, I'll have you arrested". Those were the last words we ever spoke to each other. He moved a couple states away and I haven't seen him since.
What comes around goes around.

. I wish it were that easy. This is a cattle ranch of about 3,000 acres. Legacy ground you might say. Great people. And as I said, sometimes it’s nice to know there are places a deer can grow old. Another example from this morning. Probably pushing B&C. Wish it were sheds though….
f3c0ca192de6a15033d721fb40e52f39.jpg

That’s a great one, but agree that it would have been much better to find its sheds

I found this one Sunday, not near as impressive!
110a60bea7eb57f405a8a122ac645e6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably more! That is super cool! Anyone can see the big ones. How the heck did you find that?

That is a haul!
I was just checking food plots for sheds and stumbled across it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back