aca5a332b21cfabd5b2dc2df8beaf856.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As I said before congrats on a great buck but it appears that you took the main beam score on each side and then also added the inches on main beam from the start of the G3 to the tips of the main beams. Google Pope & Young or Boone & Crockett and they will walk you thru how to score your sheds and the buck you shot.

It appears to me this deer will score way up there. I hope you will get it scored officially by a recognized scorer. To me that shows more respect to the trophy. My son scores our bucks with a recognized score sheet but he is not an official scorer.

Many guys will wedge a 2 by 4 between the antlers to reduce the shrinkage. I have never had that problem - 'cause I have not killed anything close to this buck. I guess gross in the high 180s - maybe 190 gross. ;)

Proud of you buddy. Way to beat through the hazing. Feels good don't it finding that buck and all the hard work paying off?!?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you tracked this buck down. Awesome rack and love the huge split browe tines. With that creek, you could have never found your deer. I'm guessing 160 max on your score, which is great. But armchair quarterbacks looking at a pic, don't mean much. Again, congrats.

Welcome to the forum GWR and congratulations on a great deer and a successful recovery. I participate on this forum because there really aren't any bad apples on here and everyone usually plays nice. A lot can be learned from the interactions on your thread and am sure every one of us learned a little. Thank you for that.

I look forward to hearing the entire story of how you hunted and setup to take this special deer.

Mature buck with a really unique rack and I wouldn't care what that buck actually scored. like Uncle Barry says, "...scores are for ball games." He'd be number 1 in my book! Great job on following through and making the recovery in challenging conditions. Congratulations, Mike

Nevermind George's first post. He is froze up in Colorado and misses his Iowa bucks. :D. Seriously, Geo is second to none. Check out George Shepard on Youtube for some great habitat videos.

Congratulations on a great late season buck. We would all love to hear the background on this deer.

Coach put the brakes on me the night before, everyone got to fight and have fun but me it seemed. I woke up the next morning in an uncharacteristically knarly mood. The sun is back out and I'm doing better now.

G

Last edited:
What are the day time temperatures running out there this week? You covered in snow I expect.

Wayne

I don't care what the deer scores - he stuck with it and I'm sure he is thrilled. He has every reason to be. Congrats to him on a great deer.

Back