Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

One of these days, one of these days.......naaaaaaaaa I will never have fruit that productive. Looks great, and that is the first time I remember seeing that Taj Mahal of a shooting house. You definitely crossed out that stage of forum member.
Lak- Native Hunter should name that the Hilton or the Garden Inn- that might be more fitting. Since you are more creative in the food plot/ stand naming department, I welcome your thoughts.

Place looks great Steve - Fruit is great and I think you will be good to go on your planting... In years past I always tried for August 15th for planting but this year life get's in the way so it may be more of a traditional September planting date... I still have to get fert, lime, a new cone spreader, and I think I am going to spring for a single bottom plow since my ground is so very compacted on the hollow...disk just seems to scratch the dirt and with the huge crow roost nearby throw n mow doesn't do well...

That shooting house is amazing but if you have to have a shooting house to be a member of this forum I might as well quit now ;)

Thanks everyone.

I do think the food plots will be fine - especially on the low ground areas. Last year those areas did really well despite going into a hot dry period later than normal.

I really enjoy that shooting house because of how I can see so many different places at once, and I love for me and my son to hunt together out of it. We can visit together while we are hunting.

But, when I'm hunting alone I like to mix it up and hunt different places on the farm. I have 3 ladder stands built out of treated lumber on my place and another one on my cousin's place to the south of me. It gives me a lot of choices. I'm considering building something on the east side of my place. I really don't have anything there now, and deer really travel my side of the fence on that side in the rut. The neighbors property is open and mine it tall native grasses.

Old-uns and Young-uns

Planted Spring 2014 - Senator Clark Pear

Another Apple Graft broke off - the best one I had. Got to add support next time.

Big Daddy and Little Daddy Paw Paws

That reminds me that it's Paw Paw time.

Pear is brittle. I've lost trees and then lost stump sprouts!

Nice bucks and beautiful pics as always!

Dang - didn't know pawpaws got that big.

I might try to bum some Senator Clark scions from you this spring. Nice looking pear. I'll have 25 pear seedlings that will need grafting next year. I have 4 varieties of pears right now and a few more would be nice.

I also lost my one and only apple bark graft. I was trying to convert a wolf river which was infected with blight to an enterprise. Graft was either blown or pulled down on my last visit. Disappointed.

Todd

Yeah I would mind a senator Clark scion I've got nearly every wildlife group pear they offer as well as Tyson, harrow delight, and a heavy cropping pear we use for pear honey we just call the gosnell pear.

Love seeing those Senator Clark pears, they're on my list to buy from the Wildlife Group. Did you plant those as bare root?

Dang - didn't know pawpaws got that big.

I might try to bum some Senator Clark scions from you this spring. Nice looking pear. I'll have 25 pear seedlings that will need grafting next year. I have 4 varieties of pears right now and a few more would be nice.

I also lost my one and only apple bark graft. I was trying to convert a wolf river which was infected with blight to an enterprise. Graft was either blown or pulled down on my last visit. Disappointed.

Todd

Sure thing Todd. Just give me a yell about that time.

I have a big patch of river cane (bamboo) so I'm going to cut some shafts and use that to protect my grafts next time. I'm thinking it should work good.

Yeah I would mind a senator Clark scion I've got nearly every wildlife group pear they offer as well as Tyson, harrow delight, and a heavy cropping pear we use for pear honey we just call the gosnell pear.

Their pears are excellent in my opinion. They have some that I don't see anywhere else too. Sounds like you have some good ones.

Back