Whitetail Institute

antlercrazed

Anybody in the south around the Mississippi Delta area have any experience with Alpha Rack and Oats Plus.I have heard those who can get Alfalfa and Clover to grow in MS have great success attracting bucks to their food source but I don't want to spend the money if it won't grow.Especially when my Brassica,Wheat,Oat,Rye blend has been working good but I'm always willing to try something new

I've grown some alfalfa in the MS Hills with good success...as long as you have a well drained soil (which might be a problem in the Delta), and at least a 6.3 pH. With all that said, I'm not sure it attracted any more deer than Durana clover.

I've grown some alfalfa in the MS Hills with good success...as long as you have a well drained soil (which might be a problem in the Delta), and at least a 6.3 pH. With all that said, I'm not sure it attracted any more deer than Durana clover.
Yeah I'm more towards the big black river,it's well drained so it sounds like it should work then.I guess I'll try it out on one plot and about 500 yards away try something different.Thanks for the input

Back